Saturday morning, Suri awoke to go check on her fish "Tank" as she has been doing every morning for the past 4 days since we learned that he is an "old" fish (per the lady at Pets Mart) and probably would not be living much longer... Tank had not been swimming the way he normally did and despite his efforts to eat the fish food Suri would drop in his bowl, he couldn't eat. I knew it wouldn't be long before we had to say good bye to Tank and I talked Suri through " the life of a fish" wink, wink... after days of discussion and watching Tank grow weaker and weaker, Suri was as prepares as she could be for what she found Saturday morning.
Normally Suri wakes up and asks if she can go check on Tank and I hear her run to the kitchen, slid the chair across the kitchen floor, bang it against the cabinet as she climbs up to get a birds eye view of Tank in his bowl. Shortly thereafter, I hear her yell to me " HE'S SWIMMING MOM" or "HE MOVED". But Saturday morning was different. She did her normal run to the kitchen, slide the chair, bang the chair... and then I heard silence followed by the pitter patter of her feet as she was walking back to the bedroom. She said " Mommy, (she said in a quiet voice)Tank is sitting at the bottom and he is not swimming". I knew then, that our little guy had
finally passed away...
I walked with her hand in hand to the kitchen and my suspicion was confirmed when I saw Tank on his side at the bottom of his bowl. Suri asked me if he had died and I told her "yes, Tank died". She was sad for a brief moment until she remembered she had found a special box she wanted to bury him in ( yes, bury him). It was an old Tiffany's Box I had saved and in it he went! Suri helped me put Tank in the box and then she went outside and chose a spot in the front yard near her window, and we buried Tank. Suri was happy that Tank went to heaven and she was even more happy when I told her we could get another fish if she wanted to.
 |
| I hope the hole was deep enough :-) |
 |
| designing his head stone :) |
 |
| Very Proud of her work |
 |
| Rest in Peace Tank |
No comments:
Post a Comment