Our little miracle

Monday, November 11, 2013

Parent Teacher conference

Here we are, it's November 11th and I just realized I missed my first post that should have taken place on the 5th... kinda bitter sweet in a way. I hadn't decided if I was going to continue with Suri's Top 5 during her 3rd year or not or if I should just carry on with important (or non important) posts each month. I guess that's the way we're gonna roll this year. Monthly posts on the latest happenings. Not sure how this is going to go as knowing I needed to post on the 5th of each month kept me disciplined.

Already 11 days into November and I feel like Suri's birthday was ages ago... as I sit here looking at her giant Hello Kitty birthday balloon that is still hanging on by a thread, all saggy as it continues to lose it's helium, waving back and forth in the entry way as it catches the air of the ceiling fan... I'm still in disbelief that I have a 3 year old.

Last week, I had my first Parent Teacher conference at Suri's school. I must say, I was extremely impressed. I received a typed, 11 page report ( yes, you read that right... 11 pages!!). It thoroughly highlighted all the happenings of Suri's school day that had taken place since Suri's first day of school. It discussed everything from friendships to fractions and everything in between. Miss Mary has Suri's little world documented and categorized.... reading this thorough report was one of the best reads I've read in a long time.

Suri has come a long way since her first day of school. Her mind is saturated with all the learning opportunities she is exposed to on a daily basis and she is enthusiastic and looks forward to school daily. Miss Mary did mention that Suri is one strong willed little girl ( surprise surprise). She needs gentle reminders to stay in her own space and respect the work of her classmates. Something we continue to work on full circle these days.  I hope to be able to post Suri's report in this post eventually.



No comments:

Post a Comment