Our little miracle

Monday, February 3, 2014

January 2014 recap

January has come and gone and I am so behind in updating Suri's blog. Part of me wants to update it so badly and the other part of me knows that when I do, it is validating that the post is just of a memory... good ol memories that solidify the fact that Suri is growing up so fast, it is unbelievable. Lots went on during the month of January and I made a deal with myself to at least do "monthly posts" incorporating some of the highlights of Suri's month...

Here are a few highlights for Suri from January:
Out of Africa:
Suri, her Dad and I took a day trip to Prescott to visit Out of Africa Wildlife park. It was a treat for Suri to go and interact with a giant snake and of course, feed a giraffe. The weather was perfect and she seemed to have a wonderful day.





















She loved its tongue





 On the 31st, I had signed Suri up for a visit to the City of Scottsdale's Trash Truck transfer trip. I figured she would be the only little girl there and of course I was right :-).   Our friends Jessica and Bryson came along too and all the kids seemed to enjoy learning about where our trash goes after we throw it away. Nothing quite as good as a behind the scenes look at the transfer station. Pretty interesting.  Suri was impressed and was quite amazed to learn that our neighborhood garbage truck isnt the ONLY garbage truck out there :-)









 After our visit to the transfer station, we went home to pick up Grammy and meet up with Suri's classmates in downtown Scottsdale to see the famous Pony Express arrive carrying the mail from their 4 day journey from Holbrook. Suri and all her classmates had a good time watching the "cowboys" ride down the street and deliver the mail. It was my first time and Grammy's first time watching this as well and we all agreed to come back next year. Suri is so privileged to be a part of such a great school that goes on such educational field trips!
It was cold and Suri was in quite a "bad mood" at first but thankfully she cheered up a bit as we waited...

















Lets see... what else is new...

As I mentioned, Suri is growing up. The days aren't long enough and time is passing quickly. Suri is such a spitfire yet her super sensitive side shows through more and more these days. She is more in tune to feelings than I ever gave a 3 year old credit for. She always wants me to be "happy"... who doesn't want every one to be happy?!? She is more lovable now than EVER. Routinely falling asleep in my arms, wanting to be rocked, held and sang to with each opportunity.
She is teaching me to "slow down", which is difficult for me in more ways than one. One thing I have committed to is to trying not to tell Suri to "hurry".  She is one that takes her own sweet time in everything she does. She doesn't seem to feel the "pressure" of time and I admire that quality in her. She isn't easily persuaded by others and has solidified, she will get there when she gets there... she's my easy going girl for sure and I absolutely LOVE that about her.

Suri loves to play "baby", "store" and candy land :-)  Her sandbox is still a favorite and watching her play in it with her pups laying nearby is a memory I will forever have.

On an exciting note, Suri has been DISCHARGED from Occupational Therapy!!!!  I am so thankful and so proud of how far Suri has come. Miss Debbie couldn't believe how well Suri is doing since she started school. She said she can tell Suri is in a Montessori school as she is performing tasks such as writing and cutting in an ability category way above her age. Watching Suri write her name brings the biggest smile to my face!  Yes, it's only 4 letters, but hey... the perks of having a short name are endless!The limitless exposure is paying off!  Debbie mentioned we still need to be mindful of encouraging Suri to strengthen her core, cross midline and increase the strength in her hands however at this point.... we are THERAPY FREE!  Suri is becoming more aware of her sensory needs as well. She is beginning to verbalize when she is becoming overwhelmed in a large crowd, or when the noise level increases. All of the things I knew effected her when she was an infant, Suri is now becoming able to converse with me about how she feels and what she needs. So thankful we are on the right track!

Suri knows my phone number and we are working on memorizing our street address. She knows we live on Becker Lane in Scottsdale Arizona, and Im sure memorizing the actual address, is to come shortly :-)
All in all Suri is doing great and each and every day is a new adventure....








No comments:

Post a Comment