Our little miracle

Monday, July 28, 2014

July re- cap

Here it is again, the end of the month... summer is coming to a close and I can't believe Im beginning to plan Suri's 4th birthday. Time definitely isn't slowing down any so I have no other choice but to embrace the speed :-)

Suri's 3rd year is winding down and before I know it, she will be 4 years old. My Mom will be gone 4 years now in September and looking back over the past few years, things are becoming more and more blurry. Suri and I talk about Grandma Diane quite a bit, especially lately. Suri is full of questions and every time we pass the cemetery on Shea, she asks me if that is where Grandma Diane's body is. She makes certain to clarify that just her body is there as the" rest of her" is up in Heaven... I don't know too many people who have talks with their 3 year old about death quite as much as I do. Suri is intrigued and asks amazingly insightful questions for her age and I love to talk to her about life. Death is reality and I see all too often children traumatized by an inevitable reality that no one in their family has ever shared with them until the day a tragedy happens. I then am consulted to sort out one big hot, sad mess... my job has taught me a lot about raising children to be well versed in this world full of uncertainty. I am definitely not perfect at it, but I do have a pretty well rounded little girl :-)

This past month especially, Suri has decided she may like to have an opinion about what she wears and she takes it upon herself to change her original selection multiple times throughout the day. She loves clothes and fashion in general.  I have even caught her in my closet helping herself to what ever may be hanging within her reach. ( Picture pulling the article of clothing until the hanger boings upward and off the bar in which it was hanging)... yep... thats life lately.

Her nickname for me is "MiMi" and I finally asked her why she is calling me that.  She looked at me with a smirk and said be-caussssse  Mommy, I dont want to say all of Mommy so I just like the last part... MiMi.
Oh, duhh... how did I not know that?!?!  Sigh.... I have a feeling life is about to get a bit more challenging as her sass matures!

I will say, Suri is one dedicated little girl to her toys. The dogs seem to like to chew on one of her baby dolls and have helped themselves to its hands and most recently, it's ear.  Suri scoops that baby doll up and bandages it right up never thinking twice that it isn't as valuable as it used to be. I love that about her and hope her loyalty continues to develop as she grows.

Questions, questions, questions.... yes, Suri is beginning to take notice to body parts and she has no shame in asking about them. once again, I want to be open and honest with her and never to have her feel ashamed to ask me questions. I must say though, she does catch me off guard quite frequently and I have to stop and think about my response as she is staring right at me, her eyes begging for a truthful answer. Can you say AK-WARD... discussing a penis with a 3 year old. Anyway, most of her questions are answered first by me asking "well, what do you think".  I can at least then somewhat gauge where she is with her understanding and then proceed with how much information I should divulge.

This month, Suri had her first play date where her friends Mom dropped her friend off at our house and LEFT.... (insert choir of angels singing)!!!  Usually our play dates include at least the friends Mother, if not siblings and occasionally even the father!  The whole concept of a play date turns into an exhausting evening of entertainment that lately I have come to dread!
Lola, is 5 years old and Suri's best friend at school. Suri was so happy to have Lola come play for the day and to go to church with us in the evening, she is still talking about it. CCV had family movie night and the movie was FROZEN.  Jackson and his brother came along also as Aidens mom called me and asked if the boys could come play so I told her about movie night and of course Jackson was excited to come. All of the kids had a great time together and it was nice to hear them talk about what they learned in church prior to the movie. It was a fun night for all of us.

Suri is finally starting to sleep in her own bed many of the nights. Occasionally she will ask to sleep with me but most of the nights she initiates her sleep in her own bed.  I am not sure how long it will last but she is definitely becoming more independent at her own pace.

Here are some pictures of this past month:
all dressed up/ tangled up in Mommy's new dress :-)

Still loves to pain rocks


Suri and Sammi ( a toy yorkie we dog sit for a friend)


Going to CCV
Look out CCV... here they come!!!













Headed to Payson for the day with her Dad, cousins and I to escape some of the Phoenix sun...


her baby Keel, bandaids and all
























The position her Father spent most of the time in...



she takes her shoes off every opportunity she gets!


SNOW in July... thanks to the Phoenix Zoo!














Suri and I spent our first night in the garage at the cabin before it was completely finished...

the bathroom


the bedroom 

Summer has been good to us and the heat is still here to stay for a while longer. Im sure we will still be enjoying the pool for quite sometime....

No comments:

Post a Comment