Our little miracle

Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 2014

I see the theme that is beginning to occur with my less than frequent posts.... Im lucky to now get in one post a month.  That is my new goal- and one that to me, seems manageable :-)

We are approaching the end of August and to my surprise, I actually had quite a bit of photos to upload.  At least Im not slacking on "capturing" the memories... just documenting them. The days blur together more as Suri gets older. We are approaching the anniversary of Mom's death and the memories of her voice are quieting. Suri is growing up and I am reminded of that each and every time I try to pick her up. She 2 lbs shy of 50 lbs and carrying her just isn't as easy. Its amazing when I stop and think about certain things I have done with her that I no longer do.  It just goes to show that I need to cherish every moment we have as I dont know when that particular task may be the last. The last time I carry her on my hip for any length of time, the last time I carry her sleeping body to bed after rocking her to sleep. The last time she asks me for help to write a "u" as now she has mastered it her self....

Time is going so fast...

As Suri grows she is perfecting many things, from writing her name, to swimming, to jumping off the high dive and keeping her legs straight to avoid the sting that takes place when you land on bent knees :-)  She is also quite mouthy these days!  Some of the things she says leaves me just  shaking my head in disbelief. She definitely has a strong will and a mind of her own that's for sure. Suri is happy. She loves to laugh and although shes a master at keeping a serious face, you can easily make her laugh.

We have finally achieved sleeping independently (Monday - Thursday).  On school nights, Suri now knows she needs to sleep in her own bed in her room as I am now getting up at 5am to get a work out in before work. As much as I love her, I love a "rested" her the most and getting up at 5am, doesn't make for a happy kiddo.  So on school nights, Suri sleeps alone and wakes up about 6:30 on her own. On weekends, she is allowed to sleep with me and she definitely is keeping track of what day it is :-)
Suri is still going to bed by7- 7:30 on school nights as she doesn't nap at school. On weekends she takes her afternoon nap and that re charges her enough to make it until about 8 or 8:30 pm. She still hates to be covered up with sheets or blankets and has spend the majority of the summer sleeping solely in panties.  She is my hot box for sure.

This past month Suri has decided she now likes cherry tomatoes :-), she has informed me she is going to be a gymnastics teacher when she grows up, she loves to help me put gas in the car, her new favorite past time is playing with Barbies and her Build a Bears. Every stuffie in the house is wearing a diaper and Barbie clothes can be found just about anywhere. Her drive for organization is diminishing and she will now just put things "near" where they are supposed to go. She has advanced to the "Stars" in swimming and will begin her new dance class at Center Stage on October 2nd. the 2014-2015 school year is just around the corner, starting September 2nd :-)  We are in for another exciting year at Little Friends Montessori and before I know it, my "baby" will be 4 years old....

Here are photos from the month of August:

Playing dress up... she looked so grown up to me when she put this outfit on



Sleepy head



Alexis's Birthday party- Suri went of the High Dive multiple times!  She's definitely a little fish!
It seems like Suri has a b-day party to attend every weekend!  Fortunately I don't take pictures at all of them :-)






No fear!  (she really didnt face plant like it looks like she is going to!)

And again...






Suri and Madeleine










Making necklaces... one of her favorite things to do :-)


dressing her babies



Where is Suri....

Peek a Boo!!!






completely says it all...
Suri, lovey, barbie, tutu, necklace, pony tail and bow... the life of Suri as we know it :-)


I wanted to take Suri to do some volunteer work and Feed my Starving Children was an opportunity that came along for us. Children are supposed to be at least 5 years old to participate but no one asked and therefore I didn't disclose Suri's age. She fit right in and we all had a great time packaging food for starving children. The video they showed before we got to work truly impacted Suri. She was able to see children who were sick, skinny and suffering. She even asked me why doesn't God help those children.... (shes wise beyond her years)  This event has brought about many conversations surrounding food, and those less fortunate than us. I definitely want to continue to do volunteer events such as this one, it keeps our life in perspective for sure. Tarja, Nayyar and Amalia joined us and we all had a fun time together :-)











No comments:

Post a Comment