Happy 21 month Birthday Suri Rose!
I must say, it feels like it has actually been quite some time since I sat here, in this chase lounge in the living room, writing your monthly post. It must be because I feel like you have grown tremendously in so may ways this past month, and this past month didn't seem to pass as quickly as the others seemed to. It is actually quite nice... 21 months... flip the numbers around and we would just now be celebrating your first birthday. You have grown so much since your first birthday 9 months ago. This past month, you have made me smile over so many things you have done and my heart feels like it is overflowing with love for you! You amaze me Suri and I love you in so many ways.Lets see, what have you been up to this past month... TALKING! Your little voice is absolutely adorable. I wish I could bottle it up and just open the lid whenever I wanted to hear you say something that makes me laugh. Some of your favorite sayings this month have been: " I need a snnnnack" you love to "snack" and you almost never say the word "snack" with out drawing out the sound... snnnack! You know it makes me laugh so you make sure to say it like that every time! You have also learned to say "apple sauce" and that too is super cute! Hmmm, the theme of your vocabulary seems to be food related and this month, when in reality, food has practically been the farthest thing from your mind! Your appetite has decreased to less than 1/2 of what you used to eat and your adventurous spirit that would drive you to try almost anything, has somewhat disappeared (sigh). I wouldn't exactly label you as a "picky" eater quite yet and I hope and pray to never have to do so! Children who are picky eaters have always annoyed me, so please, please, please don't go there! ha
This month, you went potty on your potty chair for the first time and have gone quite a few times since your first time. There are times you are really excited to try and then there are other times I am excited to have you try and you will want no part in it! Oh well, we are well stocked on diapers for the time being but as soon as you are ready, we will go on a shopping spree for new panties! (hint hint).
You are my champion little swimmer who is brave as can be in the water. You are like a little fish who absolutely loves to be under water. You love to jump off the wall and the higher the wall, the better. You are starting to move a little bit when you go underwater and actually do a bit of something to help propel your lifeless body toward the wall while in the water. Before, you would just go under water and literally sink! The plan is to continue swimming lessons throughout July in the class you are in now. You are not able to advance to the next level until you are 2.5 years old so we will have to see where we go from here when your July classes finish. Speaking of July, your new found favorite thing is a FLAG! You love to point to all the flags you see as we are driving! Our neighborhood is quite patriotic and everyone seems to have a flag hanging above their garage door in celebration of Independence day.You get so excited when you see the flag and always say " a flag" with such an upbeat little voice!
As for your behavior, I must tell you how proud I am of you this past month. You are really trying to be a good girl and to give "gentle touches" to Mommy, classmates, teachers, and everyone you come into contact with. You have still been bitten quite a few times in your class by your parana classmates but the teachers have said that you have tried to retaliate less and less (basically slapping and hair pulling has not happened as frequently!). Don't get me wrong, I definitely think you need to defend yourself when your little friends try to use your arm as a teether however the times you blindside them with a whack and by pulling a fist full of their hair, definitely need to cease as they are not pleasant times for any involved! Luckily, your teachers continue to comment on how well you are doing in class and building of your "incident reports" has slowed down a bit... whhew!
You love to sleep in your big girl bed and your sleeping routine hasn't changed a bit since we said good bye to your crib (thankfully!). The past couple of nights, I have awakened to to your cry as you seemed to have been swallowed up between the mattress and the side rail! The first night I heard you cry out, I must have gotten out of bed so quickly I arrived in your room before I even knew where I was with a groin muscle throbbing! I'm sure that would have been a sight to see... Mommy hauling out of bed so quick to come rescue you that I pulled a groin muscle... ouch! I definitely rigged the side rail tonight to hopefully prevent any future swallowing!
Therapy continues still to this day... I truly hope you will thank me one day for putting you through all of this... You still have Physical Therapy with Jacki one day per week and soon you will begin with Amy in Occupational therapy one day per week. I promise when that happens, you will still only have therapy one day per week and not two! We will rotate weeks with Jacki and Amy in order not to overwhelm you with more than one activity session per week! You had your first evaluation from Amy last Friday and next week, we will meet with her again to go over her recommendations. Amy will work with you on sensory integration as well as with you on your fine motor skills. Amy will also be able to give me suggestions as to things we can do at home as well : )
Your favorite shows are Dora the Explorer and Elmo- you love them both and are beginning to sing parts of the theme songs : ) You have learned to count to 10! Although you don't say all of the munbers ( you prefer Mommy to say the number 4 and seven even though you mouth the words, no sound comes out of your mouth for those numbers). Once you are at "10" you finish it with a "yay Suri"! So darn cute :)
21 months! I still can't believe how fast you are growing up. There have been so many times this month that I found myself thinking about what it would be like to have another baby.... Aside from the fact that I would have loved to have been able to give you brothers or sisters; I feel you were only little for such a short period of time, and I miss your "baby stage" so much (you must realize Suri, that even though you are 21 months, you are pretty much the same size as many 2.5 and 3 year olds!) My once tiny little baby has grown so quickly and I am now buying you size 3 and 4 toddler clothes! ( therefore I feel my longing to hold my tiny baby again is somewhat justifiable- wink wink).
![]() |
| Hard to believe you are 21 months old... |










No comments:
Post a Comment