This morning Suri and I met her Dad, Aunt Lindsay and cousin Jackson at the Children's museum. Suri woke up ready to go! She informed me she was going to climb and cut and ride tricycles and paint there! After spending 3 hours there, she executed everything on her list and more! The kids had a fun time as usual and I only wish I could be as creative and come up with some of the fun ideas they always have out for the kids to do at the CMOP.
 |
| I think Suri and Jack could have stayed playing with the scarves all day! They loved it. |
 |
| She insisted on wearing the helmet! Such a good girl :) |
Of course after 3 hours of playing, Suri was pretty much delirious as we were leaving the museum. Although she insisted she wanted to stay and play, she could barely speak a full sentence without slurring. She was out immediately once she was buckled into her carseat and slept all the way home. Unfortunately, she has not been transferring successfully these past couple of weeks from her carseat to her bed while staying asleep. I used to be able to transfer her with out her waking up but the past couple of weeks, Suri has been falling asleep in the car at odd times (even 10 am) and if that happens, I can pretty much kiss her "official" nap goodbye :( Same went for today... she was sleeping so soundly she was snoring ( didn't help that her head was like a watermelon on a straw while she was sleeping in her carseat) but when I unbuckled her, her eyes opened and that was the end of her nap.... sigh... I LIVE for nap time, especially after a long morning climbing through child sized tunnels :)
Oh well. Since she didn't nap, we headed to the grocery store to get things for dinner. Suri insisted on taking her shopping cart and baby. She looked pretty cute pushing her child sized cart through the store. What wasn't cute is that she wanted to grab everything at her eye level and put it into her basket. Such as the bottom apple of the stacked apple cart!!! Thank goodness they didn't all come crumbling down on us!
So much for getting a lot done at the store. Shopping with a 2 year old is always a chore but shopping with a 2 year old pushing her OWN shopping cart, was beyond difficult! Suri had a fun time and definitely loved the fact that the cashier gave HER the receipt :) I wish I could shop like that... pick whatever I want, have someone else pay and give me the receipt! Ah the life of a toddler :)
By the way, I have to keep reminding myself that Suri is only 2 years old. I swear she acts like she is 6 sometimes and I have to remind myself to keep my calm and carry on...
I love you Suri Rose, you are definitely the cheese to my macaroni! :)
Suri sounds so much like Page. What a crazy fun age ;)
ReplyDelete