Christ the Lord has risen indeed!
Happy Easter!
Easter morning, Suri woke up around 6:45 and I wasn't too surprised when she turned down my offer to go and see if the Easter Bunny came. After all, she hasn't been to fond of him this year and definitely was not excited about the idea of him coming in her house while she was sleeping. She has been leery of everything having to do with the Easter Bunny this year. She will however get up enough courage to say she will give him a high 5 :)
I didn't push the issue and went about my morning getting ready for church and then for Easter Brunch that was to take place at my house after church. After I was ready, Suri was still sitting on my bed in her jammies... I told her she needed to get up and get dressed because it was Easter, and we were going to church and that she could see her favorite Sunday school teacher, Julianne. She cooperated and after getting dressed and her hair done, she had no choice but to go into the living room... it was the only way to the car in the garage :)
I walked ahead of her down the hall and after spotting her Easter Basket full of treats and transforming my face into the expression of just seeing a ghost, she became intrigued and peered over the sofa to catch a glimpse at her Easter Basket. Once she saw it, she immediately became excited and the fun of Easter Morning began... I guess, once she realized the coast was clear of the big creepy bunny, she was happy to look through her basket of goodies!
She is such a little lady and her vocabulary continues to triple by the hour. I am happy I was able to capture her first glimpse of her Easter Basket on video, she was so funny as she admired all of her treats!
After church, everyone came to our house for Easter Brunch. Betty is in town helping Grandma get situated in her new room and looking after her since her recent diagnosis of congestive heart failure. It is nice to have her here in town and it was good she was able to come spend some time with us over Easter. Suri and Jackson had a fun afternoon looking through all of their Easter goodies and hunting for Easter Eggs. It doesn't seem like it has been a year since last year when the kids were hunting eggs in Grandpas back yard. Time sure is passing quickly. These kiddo are growing up all too fast.
 |
| Easter Bunny brought a new Hello Kitty swim suit! |
 |
| Fun with Grandpa |
 |
| She will be as tall as me before I know it... sigh... |
 |
| Easter 2013 |
 |
| Easter brunch |
 |
Hunting for eggs in GRASS would have made for much PRETTIER photos !!! Rocks and brown everything are not too photogenic... |
 |
| on a mission in her new flip flops |
 |
| pausing to check out her treasure |
 |
| so excited about a plastic ring! |
 |
| Hot rocks, might not wanna sit there for too long! |
 |
| Getting tired... going for a ride to pick up the last few! :) |
After everyone left and Suri had a chance to rest; when she woke from her nap she was eager to paint! As you can see, some of the paint made it to her face and she wanted me to paint whiskers like a bunny! I guess after a day of fun, the Easter Bunny isn't so bad after all...
Happy Easter!
Hope your day was as "hoppy" as ours was!
No comments:
Post a Comment