Our little miracle

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Host's Birthday Celebration

This morning, Suri and I went to church at CCV in Peoria and from there were were headed to Litchfield Park to spend the afternoon with Aunt Ashley and Uncle Don in celebration of their birthdays :)
On our way to church, Suri kept telling me she didn't want to go in her classroom ( I think this is the first time I have EVER heard her say that). She proceeded to tell me she wanted to get a chai tea and go in the big CCV with Mommy!  I had to laugh about her throwing in the part about my chai tea... she knows me all too well!  I figured she would forget about not wanting to go by the time we got there and played in the grass for a while, but when it came time to walk toward her classroom and she realized where I was headed. She assertively looked at me and said " I said... I want to go in the BIG CCV with you"!!!  My oh my, and so it begins...

Our eyes locked as I calmly threatened her... (wink wink).  I told her if she didn't sit still and keep quiet, that she would loose her privilege of playing on the playground at Uncle Don and Aunt Ashley's house.   She knows all too well about loosing her privileges these days as yesterday they were disappearing one after another with each sassy phrase that exited her mouth. She agreed and she and I walked hand in hand into church (stopping at the cafe of course, for my chai tea :).

Surprisingly enough, she was an angel throughout church. She sat still and was actually QUIET- despite her sips of my chai tea!  She became a bit antsy during the last 5 minutes but overall, SHE DID IT!  Whhew... 
( she is still going to go in her classroom next week!) On our way out, I was telling her what a great job she did sitting still and being quiet and she asked me if I was so proud of her. She can be such a sweetie pie when she wants to be :)

After church, she played in the grass for a while and she ate a cheeseburger from the grill (her favorite thing to do after church at the Peoria CCV). We then headed west to the Host's house and Suri was super excited to play with her Aunt and Uncle. It was a nice afternoon with our family. I hope Ashley had and that Don will have a nice birthday. Their beautiful new home is definitely a wish come true :)


Auntie A looks like she is afraid :)

A bit ball shy

Our coordinating dresses :)

It would be helpful to SEE where the ball is :)

Me and my sweetie bug

Softball pitcher in the making :)


Try opening your eyes Suri...




Someone is a clown...


No comments:

Post a Comment