Our little miracle

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Happy Mothers Day to all! Here is a little re cap of my 3rd official Mother's Day with my special day with my little 2.5 year old blessing... (wink )

1:30 am, I was awaken by the feeling of a giant wet spot in Suri's bed. (Suri and I were sleeping in Suri's room because Lindsay and Jackson were sleeping in my bed - Lindsay is recovering from an ovarian cyst removal and therefore she and Jackson have been guests in our house this weekend). Yes... all the excitement over the past few days has exhausted Suri beyond words and she wet the bed for the first time since last November. She was sleeping so soundly she didn't even wake up through the whole ordeal. Laundry... laundry.... laundry...

7am... Suri and I made Aunt Lindsay and Jackson blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Luckily, no one got burned :)

8:30am Suri and I went to CCV for church and Suri was excited to see her Sunday school teacher Julianne. After the service I returned to pick Suri up only to find all of the kiddos sucking on an Otter Pop (while half of it was dripping down their outfit!!). Luckily Suri's drippage was pretty much the same color as her dress. But the thought did run through my mind... "Otter pops... in Sunday school... with 2 year olds.... in nice clothes... on MOTHERS DAY"!!!!  Seriously?!?!?!  At least I didn't have the little boy all dressed up in his plaid cargo's with his white button down shirt and the BLUE otter pop dribble all down the front!  I'm sure his Mother was thrilled!

After church, Suri wanted her Sunday morning Dunkin Donuts and we stopped at a Dunkin near our church only to find they were out of chocolate donuts!  Of course there was no need to stay as Suri only wanted her CHOCOLATE munchkin... back on the freeway in search of Dunkin Donuts #2. Luckily our 2nd stop had the chocolate munchkins and we could proceed on our way out to Green Acres to have a brief moment with Mom/ Grandma before heading to lunch as a family. Since there were some left over chocolate donuts, I left my car running as Suri and I went to sit by Grandma Diane's grave (since the weather is already getting hot, I definitely didn't want to return to melted chocolate donuts all over my car seats...). I found out today that my Saturn Vue will LOCK it's doors if the car is left on and idling for a lengthy period of time. Yes, it was 90 some degrees and my keys got locked INSIDE my running car. Thankfully AAA saved us after about a 30 minute wait. Of course I had to get sunburned in the mean time...

After the fiasco at the cemetery, Suri was definitely getting tired and she fell asleep in the car on the way to the restaurant. Once we arrived at Carrabas and Suri woke up (with much assistance). She was quite the little pistol throughout our Mothers Day brunch. Lunch consisted of arguing (yes, with a 2 year old), bargaining with her eat and sit still, Suri spitting, scratching and occasionally pinching, I pleaded with her to be nice. When she refused and continued to carry on, she and I had to excuse ourselves before everyone else finished their meal and head home. Suri knew I was less that happy with her and she was pleading with me all the way home to "be happy" as she was crying and admitting that she wasn't being a good girl!

Once we arrived home, Suri went to go potty before laying down to take her nap (which she does all the time, all by herself, with NO trouble). Well, today was the day for potty accidents as when I went to the bathroom to check on her, she had peed all over the floor in front of the potty!!  When I asked her what happened, she said "Me accidentally peed on the floor because I was frustrated"!   (yes, I now have more grey hair!)- rugs went into the wash immediately!

After her nap, we headed out to Grandpa's house to spend some time with Grammy. On our way there, about 1 block from where we were to turn to go to Grandpa's house was an accident and they police officers were turning everyone around. So we turned around and after an additional 15 minute commute, we arrived at Grandpa's house! It was nice to see Grammy for the brief moment we did (she was leaving as we were arriving) and Suri got to spend some more time with Jackson in the pool before she and I headed back toward home.

On our way home, I decided to stop at Target to get a better waterproof mattress pad (just in case this saga continues).  Thankfully all went well in the store with our purchase. When we were leaving, Suri asked if she could get ice cream and when I pulled up to the ice cream store I realized I didn't have my wallet. I had left it in the shopping cart at Target!!!  So, back to Target we went and thankfully my wallet was still in the shopping cart.

After ice cream I was a bit leery to go home (after all, pretty much NOTHING went smoothly today). But Suri and I made it home safe and sound. And at this very moment, Suri Rose is sleeping soundly in HER clean bed (with a new mattress pad :)

And there ya have it! It was a Happy Mother's Day indeed and I couldn't be more thankful for my daughter that made me the Mother that I am. I love you so Suri Rose and I've gotta hand it to ya.... Together, you and I definitely keep life interesting :)



self portrait
 
Such a handsome little guy!












Playing with Littlefoot


Mothers Day 2013




Here is a clip of Suri singing me Happy Mother's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment