Our little miracle

Friday, July 5, 2013

Suri's Top 5 (2.9)

My little nugget is definitely in the home stretch of completing her 2nd year of life.  October is now beginning to come into view and I find myself in pure disbelief that Suri Rose is almost 3 years old. (head shake back and forth). This past month Suri has grown once again in many ways. She is definitely one sassy little cookie and there are more days than not I find myself at a loss of words (briefly) in how to comment regarding something she has just said to me!
Suri's Top 5 (2.9)

  • This past month Suri has began to sing along to some of the songs on the radio, or will walk around the house singing a song that she has made up the words to. She definitely has an ear for music and her voice is LOUD. I have to laugh at her some nights as after I have tucked her into her bed for the night and figure she is asleep, she begins to belt out a tune that I am certain all the neighbors can hear. She definitely keeps me smiling :)
  • Suri interest in her letters, numbers and words is developing. She wants to know how to spell certain words and thoroughly enjoys playing her alphabet and number activities on her iPad. She loves that she is learning to trace and is so proud of herself when she traces a letter :)
  • Suri still LOVES to SWIM and continues to do fabulous. She has a new swim coach and she is doing well with him. Honestly, I don't have to help her much at all anymore when we are swimming together in the pool. She is very independent in the water and best thing about it is that she truly enjoys every minute of being in the water!
  • Suri continues to love to draw on her easel. She can now draw not only a smiley face but a flower and a spider :)  The other day she actually drew quite a colorful spider with thousands of little legs. Just by looking at her drawing, I knew what it was before she even had to tell me. It is so fun watching her imagination unfold right before my very eyes.
  • Her obsession with Hello Kitty remains and anything and everything Hello Kitty catches her eye!
This past month, Suri continues with her Occupational therapy every other week. She is advancing on her albums and although this last switch in albums seemed to set her back a bit, we are still pressing on in hopes to achieve a break in the listening program soon.

Suri has recently decided she no longer wants to wear certain clothing items because she says they are "tickley". This pretty much applies to all but 3 of her 100 swim suits and dresses. . . All clothing items remain tagless and I am now on heightened awareness that if I buy anything, it must be smooth on the inside or I can just admire it from the hanger as Suri will have nothing to do with it...   hopefully this is just a phase that will soon pass...

A couple of weeks ago, Suri asked me if we could please get TV.  We have been without TV service in this house for 2 years now and life has been grand!  I did however cave at her request and had Direct TV come out this past weekend to install our service and we now have a TV (a very small one) in the living room :)
Suri is allowed to watch a couple of shows in the evening but I still refuse to have the TV on constantly.  It will be nice however to be able to tune into the news when something national is taking place... I felt like without having the news, I was always the last to find out about something important. 

Suri is becoming more selective in the foods she is willing to eat. She still will "try" almost anything but she is definitely opinionated when it comes down to the question of "Suri, what would you like to eat". She is still not a early morning breakfast eater and making it for her will do me no good unless she asks for it. If she is not in the mood, she will have no part of whats on her plate. On the flip side, if she is hungry enough, she will eat and eat and eat. 

She is enjoying her Sunday School class and goes back and forth between the 2's and 4's classroom. The days she wants to stay in the 2's are days she is wanting to spend some time with her favorite teacher Mrs. Julianne, otherwise she is all about spending her time in the 4's. I figure I will let her go back and forth as long as it is still an option for her. She adores Julianne and always has a great morning in her Sunday school class. 

Suri is looking forward to our trip to San Diego at the end of the month. I personally am in desperate need of a vacation and am so looking forward to spending some time with my girlfriend and her daughter in California. Suri would love to fly there as she is so intrigued with airplanes but I told her this trip we will be driving but promise to take her on an airplane ride again someday. She is too little to remember our flight to Boston but she knows she went from all the pictures we look at. So from now until July 31st, we will be counting down the days until we visit San Diego :)

I Love you, Love YOU, LOVE you, Suri Rose and enjoy our fun times together. Blessings on your next month of growing. I love how you tell me you will always be my baby even though you need to grow up... you are growing up indeed my little lady bug and before I know it we will be reading back over these blog posts laughing together at all the silly things you used to do. Until that day, I will do my best to blog about all your funnies and tuck away these precious memories deep into my heart. I love you xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment