Quite a bit has taken place throughout the month of July, your silly self hasn't slowed down in making me laugh. You never cease to say just the right thing at just the right time... (for example, the other day we were waiting in line at Costco and a lady was oooing and awing over you and you looked at me and said, "this lady looks like a witch"!! I nothing short of gasped and prayed to God that she didn't hear your words! She went on and on talking and I assume she didn't hear you but I couldn't help but laugh because I so agreed with you! )
This weekend, we were busy with your Friend Madeleine's bday party and a trip to Fountain Hills to feed the ducks and play in the splash pad. You have also enjoyed "helping" me pack out suitcases for our upcoming trip to San Diego!! I am beyond ready for a vacation and am so looking forward to showing you the place where I used to vacation during the summer months when I was growing up. I was either at the beach with my family or with my friend Kari and her family. We went every summer and I have some of the fondest memories of the summer time on Mission and Pacific Beach. I am SO excited to begin to make memories there with you.
| Suri and Madeleine |
Today we visited the Fountain in Fountain Hills. You have been asking to go back there since we were there for 4th of July. Although it was a hot day, we managed to have a great time outside. Your Dad came to visit and played with you for a while before he had to go to work.
You loved feeding the ducks and were so excited to have them eat bread out of your hand. We stayed for a couple of hours and were fortunate enough to see the fountain spray twice. The second time, it had a beautiful rainbow right through it. Such a beautiful ending to a fun day!
| The first time the fountain sprayed |
| The fountain with the rainbow. It was much more vibrant in "real life"! |
These next two pictures are of you and Grandpa when he came to stay with us for a few days. You loved to sit on his lap and have him read to you. Looking at these pictures, you sure do not look like a 2 year old sitting on his lap.... you are growing up so quickly.
The next time I post, will more than likely be of our time at the beach. You will turn 2. 10 years old while we are there so your "top 5" post will be a few days late because I am not bringing the computer but hopefully we will capture some fun pictures of your first time at the Pacific Ocean! This will be your second visit to the beach - your first visit was when we visited the Cape when you were one year old. You love to look at your pictures of you as a baby sitting in the sand and are so very excited to be going to the beach again! Thursday can't come soon enough....
No comments:
Post a Comment