Our little miracle

Friday, August 23, 2013

A visit to the cabin

It was finally time to head North once again to escape the August Phoenix heat. Since Suri now has an ear infection (swimmers ear and bacterial... a double whammy) and is unable to swim for 10 days, her swim class was out of the picture for today and we took full advantage of out day and headed North to the cabin yesterday. When we arrived, I must say I was a bit taken back at how things looked... the cabin is now no longer just a "cabin" but my Dad's home... someone is actually living there day after day after day and the cabin has now come to life with all the TLC it is receiving. All the flowers are in full bloom, the grass is a vibrant green. The porch is now decorated with furniture, candles, magazines. Everything finally has a place- or it DID until I arrived with my 2 year old daughter (wink, wink). 

Suri was so excited to get to the cabin. She was a bit hesitant to get out of the car as the last conversation she had with her Grandpa was of him telling her there had been a bear on the porch a few weeks ago! yikes. 

The weather up there was cool, even cold at times. We were fortunate to make it up before the storm arrived and was able to watch the heavens open up and SHOWER the forest with an abundance of water. It was so, so nice to sit and watch it rain. 

Suri and I had fun hunting for rocks and playing hide n go seek ( Suri's new found favorite game of all time!)...




Rolling down the muddy, grassy, hill.... lovely :-)







The only "toy" around... a spoon!














Stopping to smell the flowers...



It was SURI's turn to HIDE

I couldnt help but laugh when I turned around to see her "hiding"






Peek a Boo!











A bit over the camera... she wanted me to PLAY!

Such a fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment