Our little miracle

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Suri's Top 5 ( 2.10)




Happy 2.10 Suri Rose!!!   Im a few days behind in posting this post due to being in San Diego on August 5th. Suri has been a busy girl this past month and along with being busy, she experienced a dream come true... She got to visit the beach just like Dora and Diego!!

Suri's Top 5 (2.10)


  • Suri visited San Diego California for the 1st time!  She was so excited to go to the beach but wasn't too thrilled when she realized sand was able to find it's way into ALL her crevasses :)  
  • Suri's new favorite TV show is Team Umizoomi and Little Bear
  • Suri is becoming more and more thought provoking in her conversations... she will say things such as "what do you think about..." or "oh, never-mind Mom"... Miss Independence at her finest. 
  • Suri is finally showing an interest in numbers. She has always liked to count but now she in interested in matching up the amount with the number. She is lining things up and counting them over and over again. Oh how I hope and pray this girl is good at math, one thing I was never and am still not good at!
  • Suri now weighs 41lbs and is 41 inches tall 

Throughout each month I periodically jot things down to note for Suri's monthly top 5 and this month I couldn't help but recognize that this month Suri has grown so much, particularly in the way of her personality. She is perfecting her articulation, her empathetic nature is shining through more and more as she is really beginning to tune in to how people are feeling and to how our actions make people feel. This girl remains as sassy as ever and I am still trying to determine the best way to tame the beast of her assertive nature without completely crushing her spirit ... (head shake)... man oh man, do I have my work cut out for me. 

Suri loves to sing along to the songs on the radio or to one of her CD's she would be content hearing over and over every moment she is in the car. It's fun to listen to her sing along and belt out the words to the songs she really likes. Her voice is definitely loud and she can actually carry a pretty good tune :-)  Hopefully one of these days she will learn to channel her voice into productive words and avoid all the opinionated sass she freely deals to me throughout the day (wink). 

Suri loves to play Mommy. She is always walking around with one of her dollies on her hip. Feeding it and changing it, and putting it down for a nap. She is quite a character and I have to laugh at some of the things she does. I know she learns them from Mary Beth and Mary Beth and I laugh together at some of the things we catch Suri doing or saying. Kids definitely don't miss a beat, they watch everything we do and say. 

Suri has attended a few birthday parties this past month and they have her wheels spinning as to what she wants to do for HER birthday. It is August, and Suri is already planning her special day in October (definitely her Mother's daughter). As of today she wanted to make sure we have chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with a Diego candy on them and the cupcakes are to go on plates that have Boots on them... 
Sheesh, p-i-c-k-e-y.  She does however make a point to tell everyone that she is still ONLY 2 years old. I think she is finally catching on to the fact that everyone and I mean EVERYONE questions us when I tell them her age. No one can believe she is still ONLY 2.

Suri is definitely ready for school to start in September however lately, she has shown some apprehension about leaving Mary Beth. She also frequently asks me if I am sad that she is growing up... I always tell her to please stay my baby forever and she responds by saying, Mommy, I have to grow to be 34 like you. I have told her earlier this summer that she is growing up and that soon she will be attending school and that she will learn her ABC's and 123's. She used to talk excitedly about going and now lately, she says she is getting scared to go to school... like I said, she is growing in so many ways, it is almost surreal to be able to have a very front row seat at each new milestone of development she is making. One of the things we did to prepare for school was to purchase her a new lunch box. She loves that her lunch box matches her backpack and she has already wanted me to pack her lunches to take to Mary Beth's house in her new lunch box. I am sure she is going to love school when it starts in September. In the mean time, I hope she enjoys her last few weeks with Mary Beth. My heart will definitely ache on our last "official" day with her. We have had an incredible 15 months thanks to Mary Beth and there are no world to express the peace my heart has when I leave Suri with Mary Beth while I am at work. I hope leaving her at school is just as easy for me...
School... I can't believe in a few short weeks, Suri will begin preschool (gulp...)

Anyway, there is so much more to write about but many of the memories are a;ready tucked away in my heart and one of these days Suri and I can chat about all she used to say and do. I sometimes wish I could glance into the future and see where this girl is going to go. I am certain that one day, she will move a mountain....I love you Suri. XoXo


No comments:

Post a Comment