Ive been looking forward to this weekend for a couple of weeks now as Suri is now at the age where she understands that people get to have "special days" and therefore she has been preparing for Mothers Day in her own special ways. She worked hard on a present for me at school and couldn't wait to give it to me. It was a beautiful hand print poem, framed and wrapped and tied with a bow... all for me. She couldn't hold out until today to give it to me... so I opened her gift on Friday morning. She was all smiles and was so very proud of her work. Her little hands have grown so much in such a few short years. I cherish the poem she gave to me and have it displayed on a stand for all to admire :-)
 |
Notice on her card to me she says" I like that you feed me"! I had to laugh... you are welcome Suri... I am happy to feed you! Im glad that feeding you has made such a lasting impression! |
Suri and I have also been talking a lot about her Grandma Diane lately. Suri knew her birthday was approaching and she was so excited to celebrate. She wanted to bake a cake and have a picnic at Mom's grave. She has fond memories of the cemetery as she knows its a place with pretty flowers where is able to run free like the wind! Suri and I went to the store and bought some ingredients to bake a cake and of course Suri wanted it all to be blue (her most favorite color). She pretty much mixed everything her self and I put it in the oven to bake. Suri was pretty proud of her self and at all she could do now with little help from her Momma!
 |
|



Saturday morning, the first thing Suri said was can we go eat cake with Grandma Diane? She was so excited! We gathered up all we needed, including the balloons Suri picked out the night before from the Dollar Store ( Suri's paradise). Tarja and Amalia came and joined us and we all celebrated Mom by her grave side. Still hurts my heart so badly to know that Mom's grave is as close as I will ever get to her again... I just have to keep reminding myself, nothing in life is fair... thats just how it is. Suri and Amalia released heir balloons to Mom and we all watched as they disappeared into the Heavens. Suri's balloon had a note attached to it with a picture she drew for her Grandma Diane. I wish so badly, Suri could have met Mom. All she knows of her is through my descriptions. I hope to one day find a video of Mom talking so Suri can see it, all she has seen to this day is photographs.
 |
| writing her note to Grandma Diane |
After visiting Mom for a short while, Tarja, Amalia, Suri and I made our way out to Schneph Farms as Saturday was the opening day for the peach festival. Thankfully it wasn't too crowded and we were able to make our way through the orchards without having to wait in hour long lines. Suri and Amalia were able to ride the rides over and over without waiting. It was a nice day with a bit of a breeze in the air! We stayes about 3 hours and Suri would have stayed all day if she could have. Amalia was getting hot and tired so we had to head home. Even though Suri begged to stay as soon as we got in the car, she fell fast asleep. The heat really zaps your energy even when it's not that hot.
 |
| Yes... that is Suri and Amalia on the rollercoaster ALONE (second to last cart)! Suri LOVED it and would have ridden over and over again! |
 |
| picking turnips |
This morning I awoke to Suri's sweet voice asking me if it was "tomorrow"... ( she meant "today") last night, before she fell asleep we were talking about "tomorrow" being Mother's Day. So when she awoke today she wanted to make sure it was "tomorrow" so we could celebrate Mothers day! I love her so... and promise that one of these days we will have the whole " today" "tomorrow" and "yesterday" thing figured out! ha
After getting ready for the day, Suri and I took a trip to Toys R Us to get a little princess doll that Suri has been wanting. It has a clip on dress and Suri is fascinated by these - she's had them in her toy room for 2 years but for whatever reason, she has just realized she likes them! After leaving Toy's R Us with a few more things than I intended to buy... we headed West to spend Mother's Day with our family. Dad and Eileen are back in town and Suri was so looking forward to seeing her Grandpa. We all ate at Macayo's and spent a little time visiting at Aunt Ashley's and Uncle Don's house after lunch.
I had a fabulous weekend with my Suri Rose and truly soaked up all my time I was able to spend with her. She is growing up so incredibly fast and I love how she loves me in return. Mothers Day is such a special time of the year and I am happy Suri was able to spend today with her Great Grammy, as she is a reflection of my Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment