Our little miracle

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mighty Mud Mania

Over the years, I have driven by the Mighty Mud Mania event that takes place every year at Chaparral park and think to myself "what a disgusting event".... crawling through mud when the weather is over 105 plus degrees outside... how completely UNsanitary...and shake my head in disbelief of the attendees.  Well, this year, Suri wanted to go and there wasn't much I could say to change her mind. She wanted to play in the mud like her favorite TV characters Max and Ruby do :-)

Living in Arizona doesn't present many opportunities to play in mud so I gave in and off to Mighty Mud Mania we went.  I must admit, it was a pretty awesome event and it is no wonder the event continues to grow each year in popularity. There was oodles of things for kids of all ages to do - most mud related but there were mud-less options as well.

Surprisingly, Suri was a bit reluctant to dive into the mud despite watching all the other kids!  She hated the fact that she had to wear closed toe shoes - she hates wet shoes in general so mud soaked wet shoes were no different!  She completed a mini mud obstacle course and finished pretty much mud free!  I think she and her friend Carter were 2 of the only kids NOT muddy!  Suri had fun and we will definitely try to attend next year now that we know how it all works!




Not so sure...


not loving the wet shoes


shoes off finally!


Suri 3.5 and Carter 6y




Suri still wanted to stand in line to get hosed off even though she wasn't that muddy :-)
I must admit... in looking around at everyone elses children, I was glad to be taking the cleanest one with me!



                                                                     Suri's new reading canopy!

She saw this canopy in a magazine and wanted it so of course I bought it only to realize it was meant to hang from a VERY TALL ceiling. Theceiling I intendied it to hand from was in her playroom but it was only half the height required...so Suri  decided it would go perfectly in my room in the corner abouve our reading chair....

Yep... that was fun.  Hauling in a gigantic ladder and one handedly screwing a hook into the popcorn ceiling while the other hand was hanging on for my dear life... as particles of ceiling dropped into my eye.  Wonderful. Now I am briefly blind and unable to "read in the new reading nook".... ahhh, life with toddlers.

Anyway- the thing is hung and Suri loves it. Thats all that matters :)



I once remember the days where the furniture and decor in my bedroom and house once coordinated... 
now, not so much, but life is good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment