Our little miracle

Monday, June 30, 2014

Water Beads GALORE

Suri has been enjoying the summer so far and we have spent countless hours in the pool, at birthday parties, at play dates and going on fun outings each week/ weekend. I can't believe June has come and gone already but I know July is going to knock on our door soon as the weather is getting hotter than ever!  Ugh, our only option for activities are either in the water or inside. Thankfully Suri loves the water and can swim incredibly well therefore we have been able to visit the community pools as well as Big Surf this month. She had a blast at Big Surf over the weekend and of course being the dare devil that she is, she braved many of the rides that were for "older kids" only!  Its so much fun to have a child that likes to have fun and try new things.   Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of her at Big Surf because I didnt want to deal with the camera and the water but she looked so darn cute flying out of the tubes and riding the waves!

Last Friday I opened some of the water beads I had ordered.  I used a brand I was unfamiliar with and therefore woke up to a huge surprise one morning.  Water beads expand in water.... I knew that.  But for some reason I poured the entire package into what I considered a fairly large bowl, filled it with water and went to bed (water beads take 6 to 8 hours to fully expand).... Well the next morning I had water beads EVERYWHERE!!!  The bowl runneth over x 20!  I ended up having to put thousands and thousands of wet, slimy beads in a plastic TUB- thats how many beads I was dealing with. Water beads are slimy and VERY difficult to pick up and I had millions of them all over the floor!  Definitely not what I intended to be doing on my Friday morning. So much for my "large" bowl!  I was using the bowl to scoop up the beads!  There were literally millions of beads all over my kitchen!

Suri absolutely loved the sensory experience of playing in them. She even decided to get her swim suit on and put her whole body in them!  It was fun to watch her laugh as she squished through the beads.
Jackson came for a playdate with his brothers and they all loved playing in the tub as well. Jackson begged to take some home to his Dads house so we filled a tub for him to take home. We still had enough beads to play in. Water beads.... definitely a fun, unpredictable sensory experience :-)  But so worth the smiles!

Having a blast in the water beads!  So fun, so wet and squishy!  A toddlers paradise!



Jackson loved putting his face in the beads


No comments:

Post a Comment