It was a stormy Tuesday morning on October 5th 2010, (7 am to be exact) when my water broke as I was getting out of bed. Due to having placenta previa, I was already scheduled for a Cesarean section to take place on October 10th ( a fun birthdate of 10-10-10!) therefore never planned to experience the premature rupturing of my membranes. Once I realized what must be happening, I hurried around and began to get ready for the event that would forever change my life, the birth of my daughter. I had an appointment to have my hair colored that afternoon at 12:00pm ( It was in desperate need of some TLC having been 10 weeks from my previous treatment!). Sadly, I had to call the salon and cancel as I was now on my way to the hospital (grey hairs and all) to deliver my baby. Luckily, being the planner that I am, I had all of our bags pre- packed and ready to go ( but not until the 10th of course). I loaded them in the truck and headed toward the hospital. Nothing like morning rush hour traffic, an empty gas tank, gloomy weather and increasing painful contractions to start off the morning!
I checked into the hospital and after a full exam, was scheduled for a C- section at 3:30pm that afternoon. Suri will be delivered at 36.1 weeks gestation.
Zijah was as always, on the road for work. I had left him a voicemail informing him of the change in delivery plans however was uncertain if he would be here for Suri's arrival. Fortunately, he was local and able to make it to the hospital by noon, plenty of time to wait with me before the scheduled C-section.
My family arrived shortly after Zijah did and we all waited with excitement as 3:30pm became closer and closer.
Zijah and I
 |
| Dad and I |
 |
| Dad and Ashley |
 |
| We really were excited despite our sober facial expressions : ) |
It's Show time!!
A few minutes before 3:30, I was taken back to the Operating Room 2 to be prepared for Suri's arrival. Alicia, a friend and co worker generously offered to take photographs throughout the entire C- section!!
As you will see, she captured some amazing moments, ones I will forever cherish!!!
I will only add a few photos of the C- section as to keep this blog rated PG.
 |
| From the hallway of the OR looking into the Operating room. |
 |
| Waiting patiently... |
 |
| They looked like they knew what they were doing!! |
 |
Incision time
3:41 pm
Happy Birthday Suri Rose!!! |
 |
| Suri's first look at the world! |
 |
| Suctioning out Suri's secretions as she takes her first breath |
 |
| Seeing you for the first time |
 |
| Clamping her cord and attaching her security sensor |
 |
| 6lbs 11 ounces ** 20.5 inches long- a pretty big girl for a 36 weeker! |
 |
| All bundled up and ready to go see Mom |
 |
| Mommy and Daddy adoring Suri |
 |
| What a perfect baby girl |
 |
| Look at that poor bruised bottom lip. The doctors said we would have to wait and see if it was a bruise or a hemangioma... we were praying for it to be only a bruise and thankfully it went away within 48 hours. |
 |
| Look at all that hair! |
 |
| All tuckered out... being born is hard work! |
No comments:
Post a Comment