Suri continues to amaze me each and every day. She is growing up so fast and her personality continues to flourish. The magic of the Christmas season has brought so many questions to her mind and it is fun to watch her sort through and find answers. She asks me why she can not see "Doodle" fly... and she asks why doesn't he blink his eyes. She is eager to see Santa fly through the night sky. She is having a difficult time understanding the concept of "today" and "tomorrow"... Those are tough ones if you truly think about it. She will ask me if we are going to do something today and I will tell her "no, tomorrow" then the next day she will say " is it tomorrow" and i will say "no, we're doing it today"... poor thing gets so confused! Her newest questions are about Jesus and God... Now that we are discussing the manger scene more and more, she knows that Mary is Jesus's Mother and that Joseph is Jesus's Father. But then she asks me if Jesus has 2 Dads, because she knows that God is Jesus's Dad. . . yikes. Im being challenged by a 3 year old and sometimes her questions are HARD!
The other thing she asks about is how we go to heaven if they put our body in the ground.... man, is this child smart. I absolutely LOVE her questions and the challenges I face in answering them. She is very thought provoking these days.
She continues to love school and she can officially write her name! She loves art and to cut and paint and write. She is always drawing people on her easel and loves to add elbows, eyebrows, teeth, feet etc to her figures. Her sensitive spirit is showing itself more and more as the days go on. She is deeply moved by emotions and if she ever questions my attitude she will call me out on it... Mommy, are you angry or happy? Are you disappointed in my choices??? How can I be disappointed in her when she asks me like that! She definitely is eager to please me and she is saddened when she doesn't quite make the grade. It breaks my heart to see her sad but I always make a point to talk to her about the situation and 9 times out of 10, she walks away with a smile.
She and I have long talks about right and wrong and about being kind to each other. She told me today that she was sad that Matthew told her he wasn't going to marry her... as I am sitting in disbelief that she just told me that, she proceeds to tell me that he gave her a kiss though. a KISS.... MARRIAGE??? She's 3 years old!!! I then explained to her that no one is allowed to marry her unless he loves her so much and will take good care of her. She then put my heart at ease by telling me that she would rather just stay at home with Mommy. Whhew! Lets hope she keeps that perspective for the next 30 years!!
| Mr. Matthew and Suri |
I love that she is who she is and that she still asks me to carry her everywhere we go. All 43lbs of her ( yes, 43 lbs... she is almost out growing her 5T clothes that I JUST purchased!) I gladly proceed to lift her, momentarily pausing while my back shifts into place. I told her I will gladly carry her until the day I am physically unable to. I know that day is just around the corner so I am doing my best to keep Advil on board, move with caution so my back doesn't dislocate and cherish every moment of it!
This past month, Suri has done something she hasn't done since she was about 18 months old... she is frequently falling asleep in my arms while I am holding her. AMAZING!!! I never thought she would fall asleep in my arms again as we went almost 1 year without her wanting to be held let alone being held long enough for her to actually fall asleep. She is so cuddly these days, I love it! She is constantly telling me she loves me and her words are music to my ears. She is so sincere and I could never love anyone more that I love her. I am so beyond blessed to have this little girl in my life!

No comments:
Post a Comment