We had all planned to spend the day out at Ashley and Don's house. Dad was in town from the cabin and his wife was in Texas spending the holiday with her family. We were all looking forward to spending so quality time together again as a family.
I had been ill since the 15th of the month dealing with pneumonia and some other illness and by Thanksgiving morning, I was at the end of my rope... I decided to call Lindsay and ask her if she could pick Suri up and take her out to be with the family as I didn't want her to miss the holiday on account of me. Suri went her Auntie Lindsay somewhat reluctantly as she was concerned that I was not coming along. I was then at home, sicker than I have been in quite some time. By that afternoon, I was in bad shape and decided the only hope I had for survival through the night was to go to the emergency room....
Seven days later I was discharged from one of the most difficult weeks I have experienced. Not only was I so sick with a gastrointestinal flu but I was away from my daughter for the first time in 3 years!
Suri did wonderful with the abrupt change in pace and was on excellent behavior ( so was reported) for her aunties and her Grandpa. The family rallied together to stay with Suri and keep her on her routine. Grandpa stayed here at my house and took Suri to school and her Aunties made sure she didn't miss her photos with Santa I had scheduled. Suri was a trooper through it all and knowing she was adjusting kept me sane throughout all the insanity.
Now back at home, I am still not 100% but I am in far better shape than I was. I hope whatever virus this was never returns as it truly got the best of me these past couple of weeks.
Here are a few pictures of Suri getting a Christmas Tree with her Uncle Don and Aunt Ashley:
And a picture from her visit with Santa:
![]() |
| Suri told Santa that she wanted a sea shell purse and a coyote that howls for Christmas... |
Everyone took quite a few more photo but my computer is not uploading them correctly to the blog so that is why so many are left out of this post.
Once thing I know for sure is that I am truly grateful for my health, my daughters health and for friends and family that step up at a moments notice to help me when I needed it the most.



.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment