Our little miracle

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Saturday Dinner at Grandpa's

I woke up this morning and found myself at the end of the month of March! Not exactly sure where the time is going these days but I wish it would slow down a bit. Suri Rose continues to grow and change right before my eyes. Every day is a gift and I am thankful for every waking moment with her.  This weekend was a bit shorter for Suri and I than our usual 3 day weekend. I had to work on Friday as we had our Annual Child Life Conference at the hospital where I work. Thankfully, once again, things went off without a hitch and the conference was a success. Saturday, Suri and I made our usual trip to our new house to drop off some stuff and mark where we need our painter to correct his painting mishaps ( and so goes the phrase " you get what you pay for"). We then spent the afternoon/ evening at Grandpa's house.
The weather was nothing short of GORGEOUS!! Suri LOVES to be outdoors and we took full advantage and soaked up some AZ sunshine : )  Little miss Suri has inherited her mothers porcelain skin (or what used to be "porcelain"... it is now a freckled dot to dot canvas) so I am obsessed with lathering her in sunscreen. I sure hope her skin is not as fragile as mine!  Everyone knows, I get sunburned just going outside to get the mail!! We stayed at Grandpa's house for a yummy BBQ dinner and then made our way back home.
The weekend was a nice one and couldn't have been more needed. Things have been a bit stressful for me lately but I am trying to remain strong for Suri and keep all my ducks in a row. Unfortunately, it sounds easier than it has been. One thing I know for sure is that God is good and I will just keep telling myself "this too shall pass"...


My Nuggs and Sager

Sager enjoying her backyard

One of my FAVORITE pictures... Grandpa and his girl

Nothing like lounging on the dog bed.... iiiick.... but oh so cute!



Great Grandma helping Suri "sit up" for the picture



Suri is still not sure what to think about Grandpa's mustache



Aunt Ashley and Suri


Aunt Ashley and Uncle Don and Suri


Suri loves her jumparoo at Grandpa's house


Jackson LOVES Suri...

He LOVES to kiss and squeeze her : )

Trying to give her her paci

Jack sure looks like his momma in this picture (wink wink)


We don't have too much planned for this coming week. Friday, Suri and I are going to make another trip down to Cranial Technologies to have her "fitting" for her cranial band. We will pick it up the following Friday and her 12 weeks of wearing the band will begin. It sure puts a knot in my stomach to think about her having to wear the band. I hope she doesn't mind it and I hope it will be a FAST 12 weeks!! Along with the knot of her having to get a cranial orthotic comes the knot of knowing my baby girl will be 6 MONTHS old!!! Before I know it we will be finding ourselves back in the rocking chair taking her 6 month picture! Life as we know it is sure going by fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment