Our little miracle

Thursday, March 31, 2011

RSV/ Bronchiloitis

We were almost in the clear when I heard the sound I had hoped and prayed that I would never hear in MY daughter... the WHEEZE. RSV season... October through about April... we almost survived RSV season free and clear when unfortunately Suri's croup settled in her lungs. She began to wheeze on Monday evening. I pointed it out to the doctor when we were in getting her ears checked but they told me to "keep an eye on it to see if it progresses". Progress it did. In the middle of the night, I awoke to the sound of my sweet baby girl coughing, choking and gasping for air. Thankfully,  Albuterol treatments every 3 hours are helping her to breathe a bit better. The little girl I so desperately wanted to keep inside a glass box, free from germs and anything else negative that could affect her, has contracted RSV/ Bronchiolitis. This whole flu season has had me on pins and needles and despite me working in a hospital setting, I now find myself a germ a phobe when it comes to my daughter.  Listening to the phlegmy chorus of people coughing, sneezing, and hacking has helped to magnify this new found germ phobia, especially when it comes to Suri. It makes me wish I could hook her up to an IV of Purell ( while keeping her enclosed within a glass box!)

Needless to say, being the responsible parent that I try to be, I plan to keep her home for the rest of the week as to not further pollute her daycare (the sure source of her illness!). So much for my daily regimen of Fenugreek and power pumping... who was it that said "breast feeding helps build immunity"... I would hate to imagine Suri's life thus far if she were on formula! In 5 short months she has had a cold, the flu, croup and 2 ear infections and now the whopper... RSV! Hopefully she is just testing the waters and after realizing that none of them are very fun, we will stay illness free for a while : )

Luckily my little nugget is a "happy" sick baby. Today Suri took an amazing nap... noon to 4pm. Mommy slept from 1 to 3pm- much needed : )

Tomorrow we have to go get Suri's images taken for her cranial orthotic. We will pick up her head band the following Friday and it will be then that our 12 weeks begin...

not sure why this picture has a blue tint... maybe the camera didn't feel good either : )




tummy time, looking in the mirror :)


All ready to go for a walk

2 comments:

  1. get better suri rose!! love your smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot, sorry to hear that little Suri isn't well. Not exactly what you needed to deal with right now. RSV is so scary. Take care and please let me know if you need anything this weekend.

    I love that second picture. It looks like she is waving at the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete