Today was Suri's 1st day at Mary Beth's house and I am happy to report that Mary Beth said she had a GREAT day!!! I can not explain the rush of emotions that are bubbling up inside of me at this very moment after hearing that Suri had a great day, took 2 naps (2!!), ate nicely, helped clean up toys, and most of all - NO BITING! ( I am aware that there was only one other 8 month old there and that she is unable to fight Suri for her toys, but I am still thrilled that Suri was reportedly gentle with her!) I am hoping and praying that today was not just a honeymoon day with it being new and exciting to Suri but that this will be the first day to the "change" we both have been so desperately needing. I told Mary Beth her new name is Mary Poppins if she continues to have this effect on my child!
When Suri and I got home, I made some fish fillets, vegetables and bread for dinner. Suri ate her dinner, took a tubbie and was asleep by 7:30pm without a struggle of any sort. As I was rocking her to sleep, she looked up at me and in a quiet voice said "Brady Thomas" and smiled. Brady Thomas is Mary Beth's Dachshund's name ( He was Suri's first friend of the day!). I asked her if she wanted to go play with Brady Thomas tomorrow and she said "yep". And that was her final word of the night.-she didn't even ask me to sing " E-I-O" (aka: Old Mac Donald Had a Farm) as she has routinely for the past couple of months... I'll definitely take that as confirmation that she had a good day : )
 |
| All ready for her first day at Mary Beth's house |
No comments:
Post a Comment