Our little miracle

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

Suri and I received a special visit from Rachel and Deuce on Wednesday (I finally have a moment to sit down and update the blog). Rachel and Deuce came by for a bitter sweet visit... Deuce was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma and his days left with us are extremely numbered. Rachel is one of the first people I met years ago at the Rose Moffard Dog Park. Deuce has always been fully of vibrant energy and to see him so mellow made the severity of his illness very apparent. Suri enjoyed hugging on Deuce and once again was on her best behavior when we told her Deuce was sick... She was probably thinking to herself, why are all our four legged friends "sick" lately~ she still speaks of Amara and always references that she was "sick" before telling me "Moo Moo died". One of these days she will understand...

Today Suri wanted to paint and of course with painting comes taste testing (as everything still has to be licked, chewed, sucked or bitten...sigh). She looked so cute sitting at her table painting a "circle"!  Suri is so proud of her "circles" these days.

Back to dogs... since Amara's passing, Tecoah now receives Suri's undivided attention (poor Tecoah!). I wish I would have had the camera on me sooner as Suri really had Tecoah dressed up. Thankfully Tecoah is pretty tolerant of Suri and her creativity.


Hugs for Deuce

Awwh...


Sweet boy...


a " CIRCLE" :)






I gave up on telling her to keep it out of her mouth...

If Tecoah could talk...




My professional Ridgeback rider, red scarf and all : )

No comments:

Post a Comment