Re capping over the past week, beginning with last Tuesday (as Monday was the day Suri was "suspended" from daycare and I don't even want to revisit those emotions). Tuesday and Wednesday Suri stayed home with a sitter (from the Lullaby club- the organization Scottsdale Healthcare contracts with for backup care). Thankfully Suri had fairly good days with both sitters and then was fortunate enough to be able to spend Thursday at Grandpa's house with Aunt Lindsay, Jackson and Grammy. Lindsay was gracious enough to take a day off work to stay at home with Suri so that I could finish out my work week. Suri and Jackson spent the day being "cowboys" and getting on every last nerve Lindsay had :) I think the mid afternoon text I received from her read " I could never be a stay at home Mom"- nuff said.
On Saturday, Suri and I went to Bryson's house for a LEGO party! Bryson's Mom Jessica is always throwing fun themed parties and this time she went all out- coordinating the food to match the theme of LEGOS. Suri really doesn't know what LEGOS are but she had fun eating the LEGO cookies and playing with Brysons toys. ( on a side note... I will admit, that I was quite hesitant to take Suri to this party as her behavior lately has been a bit unpredictable. Her biting and pinching is far from over and unfortunately it is any ones guess at the when she will strike again! Suri was having a GREAT day at home before the party which put me a bit more at ease as I drove to Chandler with her asleep in her car seat- nap #2 = HUGE BONUS!) When we arrived at the party, we were one of the first ones there (surprise surprise) and the house was fairly quiet. All was good... whhew... As more and more guests continued to arrive, Suri began to get increasingly unorganized. I had to enter helicopter mode and shadow her everywhere she went in order to intercept anything she tried. Thankfully we only encountered one minor pinch to one of the kids but thankfully no biting. It was definitely reassuring to confirm my suspicion that Suri's behavior tends to escalate when there is a lot of noise and commotion going on. She behaves much better in calmer and quieter environments...(maybe I am to blame for this as our house is very calm, and quiet, pretty much at all times- who knows...)
After we were back at home from Bryson's LEGO party, Suri was sitting at her table and she pointed to me and said "Shannon". At first I couldn't believe my ears and I immediately stopped what I was doing and asked her to repeat what she said... "Shannon" she said as she pointed to me with a huge grin. I couldn't help but laugh and validate her words. "That's right Suri Rose, Mommy's name is Shannon". All I can think of is that she must have heard people saying my name at the party because I can not think of any other thing that would have brought that to her mind. Ever since then, she is very proud to remind me of my name, and she says is so very clear that it brings a smile to my face every time she says it. I can't believe how fast she is growing. She is such a smart little girl and doesn't miss a thing : )
This afternoon, Suri and I met her Daddy at the pool and went swimming for about 1 hour. I felt like I was melting as I walked from the parking lot to the aquatic center and Suri kept saying "Hot" as she rode in her stroller. HOT is somewhat of an understatement in describing the weather we have been experiencing this month. Even the mornings are in the high 90's. Fall can't come soon enough that's for sure. Her Daddy gave her a new book and Suri was excited for me to read it to her. She loved lifting the flaps and hearing the animal sounds. Thanks Daddy.
Tomorrow is the day I have been anxiously awaiting the past 2 weeks. Suri is going to Mary Beth's house while I go to work and I hope and pray this is the right move for her. Tonight as I was rocking Suri to sleep, I was telling her about Mary Beth. She repeated almost everything I told her and because I had excitement in my voice, she too seemed excited. Once Suri fell asleep, I continued to rock her. I think this was the first time all day that I actually got to sit and hold her without her fighting me to get down. Suri is busy that's for sure and she normally wants nothing to do with sitting still or being held.
Suri had been asleep for about 1.5 hours before she woke up. I heard her door open on the monitor and when I walked from the kitchen to the living room, I could see her standing at the end of the hall clutching her lovey with both hands. As I walked to her she walked to me and said "Hold you" = hold me. I picked her up to notice her back was wet. She has been waking up in cold sweats on and off the past couple of weeks, I feel so badly for her. You would think there has been some change in her life the way she experiences these ups and downs when on the contrary, quite the opposite is true. Our routine is practically the same day in and day out. I have no idea why she has such disturbances in her sleep and why her behavior is such a roller coaster. This afternoon, while I was getting Suri changed in the locker room at the pool, there was a Mother and tweenage daughter having an argument about putting sunscreen on. The tweenager was refusing to put sunscreen on her face and her mother was refusing to let her go out to the pool until she did. Finally the tween caved and put the cream on her face as she stomped out of the locker room headed for the pool. Her mother then turned to me and said "see what you have to look forward to" "it's easy when they are young". Easy... I thought to myself, ha.... Life these days is a far cry from easy but apparently I'm in for a long ride.... as I don't forsee a light at the end of the tunnel any time soon. smirk.
| Cowboy's N Cowgirl's |
| Potty time |
| Nap time |
This is the best photo I got of Suri and Bryson... there was too much going on to stop and pose for a photo!
| Suri and Reya (Reya is 6 months older than Suri and they are about the same size!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment