Our little miracle

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Before I jump into the events of the weekend, I must say that Suri had a successful first week at Mary Beth's house and Mommy couldn't be more excited! whhew!  Mary Beth said Suri did very well at her house and that she was looking forward to having her back next week! Yay Suri. Suri seems to really like going to Mary Beth's house as well. She especially loves Brady Thomas and walks around singing his name. I think Suri also likes the little 8month old that Mary Beth also watches. She is always telling me about baby Haley. I definitely think this is the place for Suri right now. She is less exhausted at the end of the day and her demeanour is all around more relaxed. I'm not sure what has had the bigger influence on Suri, her therapeutic listening or the change in daycare settings but nonetheless, I'm going to keep doing them both as Suri has been a new child this past week :)

Now... onto our weekend recap...

Friday Suri enjoyed playing with her friend Max. Suri had been ready to play all week and woke up saying "Max" and "Josh" (Josh is Max's Daddy). Suri was on excellent behavior with Max and enjoyed taking him for a ride in her Jeep :)

After Max left on Friday, Suri, Tecoah and I headed north for some cooler weather. We spent the weekend at the cabin and enjoyed the rain and our time away. Suri definitely loved some one on one time with her Grandpa. She had us all laughing most of the time and it was very apparent that she enjoyed being the center of attention. Her newest thing is to sing the chorus to Dirks Bentleys song 5150 and to Luke Bryan's song Drunk on You (she likes to hear "Girl you make my speakers go Boom Boom"). She's too funny as she walks around babbling the chorus. Not too many 22 month olds have these two songs on the top of their lists :)

When we got back home this afternoon, Suri was looking forward to going to Costco... yep... Costco. She knew the car needed a "tubbie" and she likes going through the drive through car wash. She also knows Costco is where we get her applesauce and she most definitely can not run low on that staple.

It's amazing how much more relaxed I am tonight, knowing Suri doesn't have to go to "daycare" tomorrow. Its so nice to know that she has the flexibility to do the things she needs to do and not have to operate on a schedule that didn't work for her little body. I can actually say for the first time in a long time that I am looking forward to this coming week : )

Suri Rose and Max Samuel
Hang on Max... here we go....

2 cute kids indeed

"Hey Max".... "may I have a kiss???"

MMuuuuahhhh. xoxo



Lunch time

Hey Max, you gotta little sumpin sumpin on your chin : )




Suri was showing Max her easel


These next photos were taken at the cabin




If you look closely, you can see the applesauce pouring into Elmo's mouth.... nice sharing Suri : )
Sunday morning about 5:50am



Bright eyed and bushy tailed

 Grandpa had hung a new swing for Suri and Jackson. You can see what Suri thought of it...


No Bueno


She did a good job hanging on despite the tears : )

She would rather use my leg as her "horsey"


All smiles




Nothing like a wiping the deck with lovey.... sigh...




I love their expressions : )


 

Suri's weekend wouldn't have been complete if she didn't have her playmate "Tecoah"


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad Suri is doing well at her new place. Sounds like she is right where she needs to be. Good work, Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete