Our little miracle

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Suri's Top 5 (2.4)

Suri's Top Five 
(2.4)



Happy Valentine Month!  My little sweetheart is 2 years and 4 months old today and continues to fill my heart with Joy! I couldn't decide on just one picture that I took of her today so I did a mini collage of 3 that I thought were cute and that portray her personality in full!

Suri's Top 5

  • LoVeS to sing songs and carries a sweet little tune! Her favorites right now are "It's raining, It's pouring", verse one of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" " Happy Birthday" in it's entirety, and she also can say her bedtime prayer " Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" unassisted! I'm so proud of her!


  • Suri can now count to 20 perfectly, without coaching. 


  • Everything must now be done herself! She is one independent little cookie and it is fun to watch her get dressed and put her shoes on as she is telling me she wants to do it "all by myself"! Yay Suri!  You go girl!

  • Suri is beginning to ask questions! (uh oh!!, wink wink). Two of her hourly questions are :         " Mommy, whatcha  doin"? and the famous " Whhhhyy"?


  • Loves to have manicures (by Mommy)! She finds it ultimately necessary to get a new manicure whenever her polish chips! Her new thing this past month has been to polish my nails; and is doing a pretty good job for a 2 year old!  I am definitely quite impressed at her skill and concentration while she does it! The entire time she is polishing my nails, she is lecturing me as to how I must sit still or I will spend time in my room!  Funny how the conversations I have with her over different things get jumbled and combined into one sentence and she ends up making it sound like I am so harsh with all of my words! Such a funny kid!


January was definitely a fun month in terms of Suri's growth. It was a month of marathon naps that could last anywhere from 3- 5 hours!  This girl has always been one to enjoy sleeping (whether she slept soundly or not was not the point... she definitely enjoys her rest! Thankfully though, she is sleeping soundly throughout the nights now waking occasionally to get up to go potty but then returning to sleep. Finally!

Suri is making great strides with her Therapeutic Listening. We have been working diligently at overcoming her sensory sensitivities and Therapeutic Listening has been a God Send! Although managing her is not a perfect science TL has helped Suri in so many ways. I recently completed a course in TL in order to gain a better understanding as to how to continue to assess and progress her throughout the music albums based on her current needs. I learned so much and am thankful I have a better knowledge base of the evidence. It is difficult to articulate the strides Suri has made that are correlated to the evidence behind TL. 

On the topic of music, Suri is definitely a musical child. I have said this from when she was very young when I noticed how she enjoys and responds to music. She now loves to sing and carries a darn good tune (most of the time!). She is always walking around singing something and we can't go from point A to point B in the car without singing a tune! I listed some of her favorite songs above and she is always eager to practice singing the words. 

Along with her singing, comes her incredible conversation skills!  She is so social and loves to interact and converse with people... all people. She will strike up a conversation with almost any one and all conversations begin with " I'm Suri Hickon" followed by " Me 2 years old" as she holds up 3, 4 and on occasion, 2 fingers! She then proceeds to tell them her birthday is in October! Most people stare at her in amazement of her conversation skills and then ask me again how old she is!  This evening, when we were getting out the of the car, our elderly neighbor was in his front yard. Suri yells "hi" to him and proceeded to tell him her name ( he has known her since she was about 8 months old) and because he doesn't hear real well, he didn't notice Suri was talking to him. She realized she was being ignored and proceeded to blurt out "MAN", "ME 2 YEARS OLD"!!!  ( all that was missing was a finger snap and the word Yo!!) I was cracking up and she was as serious and confused as could be. She didn't understand why he wasn't talking back to her! Too Funny!!!

Overall, January was a fun month for Suri and I and I know February will be gone before we know it!

I love you Nugget! Happy 2.4!




No comments:

Post a Comment