Our little miracle

Monday, September 23, 2013

Learning is fun!

I have been so bad about updating Suri's blog partially because my hard drive on my computer is almost at capacity and every time I even come close to plugging in my camera to upload photos, my computer threatens to crash!! I am in desperate need of an external hard drive to free up some space as I have numerous memories camping out in my camera waiting to be uploaded!

I decided I would go ahead and write despite the fact that there may not always be photos to accompany each post. . .

Suri is loving school and to hear her say "learning is fun" is music to my ears. I pray Suri has a love for learning because despite the fact I am educated beyond my actual intelligence, I have to admit, I didn't always enjoy the path I took that got me where I am today. I want Suri to enjoy learning and discover the things she truly enjoys. I absolutely love her Montessori school, especially Suri's teacher Mary. I have yet to witness this lady sit down other than on the floor or on a child sized stool. She is constantly in motion with the children and always involved with one of them in some sort of activity.

Suri is absolutely filthy when I pick her up from school! I have gone through more stain remover the past couple of weeks than I previously used in an entire year and I wouldn't want it any other way!  Suri is all smiles at the end of the day and on our drive home she is talking about her friends and about her teachers. She is inquisitive and asks all kids of questions. She is fixated on "today". "tomorrow", "tonight" and on what time it is...

Suri's teacher sends a progress report via email every Sunday night and I couldn't be more thrilled when this email comes through. It provides a detailed report of the lessons Suri has worked on through the week as well as a report as to where she is at in her mastery level. It is so fun to see the activities Suri is learning and I am so appreciative of the time it takes to put these reports together. Once I can download things on my computer again, I will upload these reports to the blog so Suri can one day, look back on her preschool days :)

I love that Suri is happy in her new school and it is so fun to see her put the things she is learning into action. She is growing up so fast and I am so proud of her. One of the things I must mention, is that Suri's teacher remarked at Suri's strong sense of integrity. Such a nice compliment that couldn't be more accurate in describing Suri's personality.

Preschool is definitely off to a great start and I am so excited to watch Suri's love for learning continue to grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment