Our little miracle

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day Care

I woke up this morning to the vibration of my alarm clock, a sound I haven't heard in 11 weeks. Today was the first Monday of January... my first day back to work. I had planned to wake Suri by 6am in order for us to leave the house by 6:45am however at 6:00 on the dot, Suri woke up herself. She was a little taken back that I actually turned the light on when I picked her up and I could tell she had fully planned to return to dream land post her breakfast : )  Needless to say getting dressed was not a happy moment for her.

Suri was up every two hours again last night due to her congestion. Her eyes were watery and she was coughing this morning when she woke up but by the time she was dressed and fed, she was looking a bit better. I still decided to make a doctor appointment and luckily was able to get her in at 11:40am. I took her to the office next to daycare which is still North Valley Pediatrics. We saw Dr. Barcelona today and he said she just has a virus that will have to run it's course. He said to continue the nasal saline drops and the humidifier and keep my fingers crossed that it passes within the next 10 days...lovely... 10 more days of this. Suri weighed 12lbs 12ounces today! She is growing like a weed!!  One thing we need to work on is her Congenital Tortacollis. She favors her right side as you may notice in many of her pictures. I am trying to get her to turn her head to the left but she struggles with it and prefers the right side so much more. We will continue to do our stretches but if I do not see a noticeable improvement by her 4 month appointment, I will have the Doctor write a referral for Physical Therapy.

Back to the daycare topic... when I dropped her off today we were prepared for her to go into the classroom they had shown me originally however they informed me they had changed her classroom and her teacher (who I have not met) would not be in until later. I was a bit disappointed as I liked the two teachers I thought she was going to have but hoped Suri's new teacher would be just as good. I left her in the arms of the teachers aid who was sitting in the rocking chair. Suri didn't seem to mind and I didn't shed a tear ( I did more than enough of that the night before!). I came back at 11:15 to get her for her doctors appointment. She was sleeping soundly in a bouncy chair on the floor. After our doctor's appointment, I nursed her and she was asleep when I layed her in her crib and returned to work.

Today was a shorter than usual day as I hope the rest of the week will be as well. I knew it would be rough on Suri to go from a home environment to a noisy daycare and sure enough, it was. When I picked her up at 4pm, she was once again in her bouncy seat ( hopefully she does more throughout the day than sit in this bouncy seat... hmmm) with her eyes red and glassy. She was asleep and didn't know it!!  Her teacher, Rachel said she didn't sleep very much which is so uncharacteristic of Suri... she loves to sleep!  She said it will take her about 2 weeks to settle in.  It is times like these I would give anything to be able to stay at home with her. 

I hope tomorrow is a better day. There were a couple of other things that happened that I will spare the details of in hopes it was just an "off" day for the center... if it continues, I will have to decide what I am going to do.

Miss Rachel did take these two pictures of Suri (in her BOUNCY SEAT) today. I hope she remembers to continue to take pictures of her throughout her daycare days : )





Suri's hair is really thinning out! I sure hope she doesn't lose it all!


My tired little nugget

When we got home, Suri and I read a couple of books, I gave her a bath, nursed her and she was out like a light by 6:30pm!  She was plum tuckered out and I hope she is able to rest well tonight as we will be back at it bright and early tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment