Our little miracle

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Doc Band

Ta Da!!  Suri, finally got her Doc band on Friday. As we were leaving Cranial Technologies, we were in the elevator waiting for it to rise to the second level of the parking garage when a little boy around 4 years old peers into the stroller. He looks at Suri with a furrowed brow, pauses a moment ( I could see his wheels spinning and just waitied for his comment)... he then looks up at me and says " why is she wearing that funny hat"?!?!  Even though Suri was all smiles and had no idea what this little boy was looking at, I must admit, I still felt a bit annoyed with this curious little guy as I felt my daughter being somewhat "judged" for the first time in her short life... I forced myself to smile back at him and replied, "she is wearing that "hat" to help her head to be round like yours".  He stared at me for a moment and then shrugged his shoulders as he bit his bottom lip. As the elevator doors open he turned around and jumped out like he had springs in his feet... his mother guiding him away from us by his shoulders. Kids... I have to admire their innocence however I am glad Suri is still young and oblivious to what is going on. I realized then, this was the first of many comments to come throughout our 12 week journey with this helmet : )

Suri has tolerated the band fairly well the past couple of days despite the fact that it is not fitting perfectly yet.  It looks like we will have to make a premature follow up tomorrow to have it adjusted as Suri isn't very happy when it falls down over her eyes!  I can't say that I blame her. As much as I would like to slow time down, I sure hope these next 12 weeks fly by!!!

I forgot to get an official "before" photo before I painted her band... the band started off white and after I finished painting it, I decided it looked better WHITE!  ha.
The paint I chose said " metalic taupe" which I guess translates to GOLD!  My thoughts were that a brownish color would "blend" with her hair and offset the sterile medical look of the orthotic. Boy, was I wrong.  Suri now looks like something out of the Renaissance Festival... Im calling her my little Warrior!

  I have since tried to add a few flowers to it, but have come to the realization that I am not an artist either... I guess I better just quit while I am ahead and leave it alone!  (wink wink)

My little Warrior


On Saturday, we went to Aunt Ashley and Uncle Don's house to celebrate their birthdays. We had a pizza lunch followed with some birthday cake. Suri had fun with everyone especially her cousin Jackson.




Playing "Patty Cake" with Great Grandma

CHEESE!

Her band is interfering with my kisses!!


Plum tuckered out

Our gift to Aunt Ashley
(I thought this flower was really neat! Hobby Lobby pulls through again!)





Innocent Tecoah
 Suri is FINALLY feeling better and will go back to daycare tomorrow for the first time in over 2 weeks!  I hope her immune system is strong enough to ward off the germs she will surely come in contact with this week. It is so nice to hear her breathe with no congestion or wheezing!! Those Rocephin injections sure did the trick!  Wednesday we have to return to the doctor for Suri's 6 month check up. Unfortunately Suri will have to get another round of shots but after we are done with these, hopefully we will be able to stay far far away from North Scottsdale Pediatrics for a while : )  As much as I love all of them there, I love having a healthy, happy baby much more!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't wait to see what you were going to do with Suri's band. I think it is cute! I really like the rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete