Our little miracle

Monday, April 4, 2011

Pneumonia/ Double Ear Infection

Just when I said we have been through the worst of it... I took Suri to the Doctor today as I had a suspicion her ears were bothering her again... suspicion CONFIRMED. Suri has another double ear infection and to top it off, her RSV has turned into Pneumonia. Shheesh!  She can't catch a break no matter how hard she tries! We decided to forgo the oral antibiotics and go straight for the Rocephin (Ceftriaxone) injection. It hurt me to have to see her endure an injection in her muscle ( 1 of 3 she will have to have this week) but I am praying this does the trick.

Unfortunately I am out of time off and will have to return to work tomorrow but Suri is going to spend tomorrow with her Auntie Lindsay and then Wednesday and Thursday with Auntie Ashley. I will be counting the days until I am off again and can be with her on Friday. I hope she has a restful week and is able to regain her health and her strength.

Friday is going to be a busy day. Suri is scheduled to get her cranial band Friday morning and we are hoping she feels well enough to have her 6 month photos taken by Kari Green ( a fellow Child Life Specialist/ Photographer) in the evening. If she is still feeling down, we will have to re schedule the photos for a later date. Unfortunately we can not re schedule the cranial band as her digital images are only good for one week. We have to get her into her helmet while her head shape is still that of the images that were taken to design her band. It still makes me sad to think she will have to wear it for at least 12 weeks. Hopefully I will be able to decorate it up nicely so it will not look so "medical".

Through it all, my little nugget is still all smiles : )


Thankfully the Bumbo does great in the bath tub as Suri is still too little for the actual "bath seat"

If Suri is conscious, her fingers are constantly in her mouth these days!






love those eyelashes!
             Today is also Aunt Ashley's birthday.
                    "Happy Birthday Ashley".
Thank you for being the special person that you are!
 We love you from the "middle" of our hearts!        
                                     XoXo
                "Don't cry because it's over, Laugh because it happened"
                                                                                    -Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shannon, I just keep hoping that Suri will get over this and be well. Sorry that you have to go back to work tomorrow. I know it stinks to leave a sick baby. I am sending healthy thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete