Our little miracle

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

It looks as though I do not get on the computer to update the blog until Sunday evenings... I haven't planned it that way but it seems as though history is repeating itself.

This past week we found out that this week will be Suri's LAST week in her helmet!!  She will have completed 9 of the anticipated 12 weeks. Her head has officially outgrown her band : ) She is now a lil punkin head ( round, round, round!!) Her cranial shape has filled out nicely and we are much rounder now than when we started : ) Hooray!! I am not sure who will be more excited, Suri or Mamma!

This week, Suri has battled what is hopefully her LAST ear infection before we go for tubes on July 8th. I realize tubes do not guarantee no more ear infections however if she does happen to get another infection, it will be much nicer to treat the infection with drops as opposed to antibiotics. As much as I deal on a regular basis with children getting tubes, those children are OTHER PEOPLES children and the thought of my own daughter having to go for a procedure (as simple as it may be) still puts a knot in my stomach...

She is still holding steady with her 3 bottom teeth. She has figured out how to use them when she is nursing! OUCH! If I happen to cry out the word "ouch" after she has bitten me, she just looks up and smiles... little stinker. I am not sure if I will be able to hold true to my goal of nursing her until she is 13 months (she will be 12 months adjusted) if she keeps that up!

Today was Fathers Day. We started off the day by meeting Grandpa at his church. Suri and I then came back home so she could take a nap before we went back to Grandpas house for swimming and a BBQ. As always, it was good to see the whole family and spend quality time together. Too bad everyday isn't some sort of holiday...

Here are some pictures of Suri this past week : )

She is looking so "grown up" now that her hair can go in a pony tail : )


Still not sure what color her eye are going to be... brown, green, hazel...



Nuggs playing in her playroom in her monkey jammies : )


Bath time

Pictures from Father's Day


Happy Father's Day Grandpa!!
Nuggs and her Grandpa


Sorry Suri... didn't realize your hat was covering your eyes!

Grandpa and Sager

Suri and Great Grandma Velma

Sage giving Grandpa some "lovin"

Suri and Mommy


Suri has her daddy's long beautiful eye lashes

Tummy time whereever we can get it... even if it is on the kitchen floor



ZeRberTs from Auntie Lindsay



Ashley and her L O N G legs : )

Sweet as can be... Auntie Ashely and Uncle Don


Jack and Justin

OOps... this picture should have been first : )

Grear Grandma and Suri Rose


Looking at a palm tree branch

Notice their outfit change... Suri pooped on Grandma! ha


Uncle Justin and Jack

Grandpa at the BBQ



Kabobs and taters... yum!

Suri enjoying her food out by the pool : )


Sage is hoping to get a taste too!

Strike a pose Justin!  hee hee

Happy Father's Day to the BEST Grandpa ever!!

2 comments:

  1. Her eyelashes go on for years! So happy to hear she will finally graduate from the helmet. Yay Suri!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you have a date to get tubes. She is going to be a much happier baby with them. I was a nervous wreck when Sophia got her tubes. I was actually crying in the waiting room while Matt looked at me like I was crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete