Our little miracle

Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Weekend of Gifts and Giggles

Here were are again on a Sunday evening. . . Nuggs is off in dreamland and I have been trying to wrap up the evidence that reveals our chaotic weekend while also trying to prepare for the week ahead. These past couple of days have been busy but fun. Suri and I layed low on Friday as we had to stay at home waiting for a guy to come repair our gate to our backyard... earlier in the week he gave us a time frame of somewhere between 10 am and 2pm on Friday. Well, about 2:15 we had yet to see him so I gave him a call. He informed me that he had decided it was not worth his trip to come replace a 300.00 gate and he "misplaced" my phone number and couldn't call and let me know!  WOW!  I couldn't believe what I was hearing!  Contractors are begging for work these days and then I happen to get the one ding dong who does business like that!  RRgh... Anyway, I happened to find another company who said they could come give me an estimate some time before 6pm... and so Suri and I continued to wait, and wait and wait until finally the guy arrived. As nice as the first guy was rude, this man gave me and estimate and had our gate installed the next day! Easy as pie : )


Chillin in the swing... waiting on the gate guy : )

Notice our backyard in the background... it is in desperate need of grass, something to make it feel and look cooler!


Oh to be that flexible again : )
 Saturday morning, Suri had her physical therapy class. She has been doing extremely well in therapy these past couple of sessions. I have noticed a big improvement in her movements and in her interest to attempt to move in new positions. After therapy, we went to visit Daddy and play at his apartment for a while. 

Suri giving Zijah his fathers day gift:






A digital photo frame full of pictures of Suri Rose and Daddy




I LOVE this picture. Suri lights up when she smiles : )

Today, Suri and I went to Grimaldi's in DC Ranch to celebrate Heidi's upcoming arrival. She is due in just a few short weeks and it was fun to go to her baby shower. It brought back memories as it was about this time last year that I was celebrating at my baby shower that was also at Grimaldi's (only mine was at the old town Scottsdale location). As I sat there watching Heidi converse with all of her friends and family, it made me realize once again how lucky I am to have such a beautiful and healthy baby girl. Suri was a doll at the shower. She sat in her highchair snacking away graciously giving away her smiles to anyone who wanted one. I still can't believe it has been almost 1 year since my baby shower, and now today, I sat holding Suri who was once a mystery of wiggles in my belly.  Oh how I wish my mom would have been well enough to attend  my shower (like Heidi's mom and mother in law were) and share in the joy of my good friends who anxiously awaited the birth of Suri Rose.... time... what a precious thing...
Heidi and Josh are truly blessed to have such good friends and family surrounding them as they wait to welcome baby "K" into the world. ( His name will be announced once he arrives : )


Count your blessings indeed...
Suri getting ready for Heidi's baby shower



Suri and the guest of honor!! Heidi and baby "K" ( I should have gotten a picture of her belly! Baby "K" is getting bigger by the day!!)

Suri's new thing is to "pinch" people's faces. . . we are trying to teach her to do "gentle touches" she would rather pinch!ha!!

Suri and her Mom and Mother in Law

Heidi's Mom talking to Heidi's belly



Mary, Heidi's Momma

Suri waiting for the food!!

Yummy bread

Our gift of goodies for Heidi


Heidi and Josh
"Josh arrived just in time to snuggle with Suri"

After the shower, Suri and I needed some pool time. It was a scorcher outside today. Last I looked, the temperature inside the car said 112 degrees!!!  And it felt like it!!!  HOT HOT HOT.
We went out to Grandpas and met Aunt Lindsay and Cousin Jack there. Great Grandma and Grandpa came home from the cabin just in time to see us before we headed back home.

And so here we are, at the close of another fun filled weekend. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment