I shouldn't have said it out loud, or written it in this blog. Suri was illness free for one month when all of sudden it started. I awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of a barking seal echoing through the house (thanks to the baby monitor on high volume). Surely not, I thought to my self as I rolled over in search of my pillow and more much needed sleep. Just as I began to close my eyes again, I hear it again. . . . And again. . . . and yet again. . . . Yes, Suri has croup. Dang!
The barking of the croup cough lasted a few days when Suri's cough settled in her chest and she began to wheeze with any effort to mobilize ( I pray everyday that Suri is not going to be Asthmatic as she grows older). Off to the pediatrician we went. Sure enough, her croup had settled into a secondary infection and she was prescribed her usual cocktail of Amoxicillian. We have officially graduated to 6ml's 2 x per day... anyway, it got us both out of work and school for a couple of days this past week.
This am, we had a play date at Bryson's house (don't worry, Bryson's mommy was fully aware that Suri was a bit under the weather and on antibiotics- being a nurse, she wasn't too worried about our cooties). Bryson is able to say "Suri" and it sounds so cute to hear him call her by name. Suri had fun playing with the kids but by 11 am, her tired eyes were desperate for sleep and we headed home. Suri has had a lot of fun with Bryson these past few weeks. Jessica and I decided the next play date would be at our house here in the next couple of weeks : )
 |
| Suri and Bryson |
 |
| Suri is almost as tall as the 2 and 2.5 year olds!) |
 |
| Suri and her grass stained pants! Playing in grass is so much fun! |
 |
| Someone is growing up.... (insert Mommy's sigh...) |
 |
No longer needing Mommy's help to go down the slide...
Thanks for a yummy breakfast and a fun play date Dworks! |
No comments:
Post a Comment