Our little miracle

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Grandpa's 64th Birthday

Today, February 29th is Leap Year!  Suri's first Leap Year and we will not see another February 29th for another 4 years. Tonight we celebrated Grandpa's 64th birthday. His birthday is actually March 1st but due to the schedules of various family members, tonight was a night we could all gather together to celebrate.
Suri has been home from daycare this week as she has Hand Foot and Mouth disease again. This is another horrible case that has caused blisters on her hands, bottom, lips/ mouth, and soles of her feet. I feel so incredibly sad for her as I can only imagine how painful these sores must be. She walks around holding her hands/ bottom and pointing to her feet saying " Owme"... instead of owie, she says owME and I think it makes it extra pathetic and sad.
Since we are home with cooties, we all figured it would be best to celebrate Grandpa's birthday here at my house. Suri and Jackson could run and play freely and we do not have the rush we normally feel when eating out with 2 young children.
I ordered Spinatos pizza for everyone and Grammy baked a rum cake. We had a nice time together and Grandpa seemed to like his "Gone Fishing" birthday basket we made for him for his upcoming fishing trip to Alaska this summer.

Not impressed with her new sippy cup...

Somewhat difficult to get a good picture of all 7 people at the same time...

So I tried again...










Jackson Ryan

Me and my sweetie


He's all boy!






 Happy 64th Birthday Dad/ Grandpa.
We all love you very much.


Here are some pictures of Suri from this weekend enjoying some outdoor time in her sandbox:






















No comments:

Post a Comment