Some of Suri's favorite things this month are her lovies... especially her pink lovey. She has always loved them however this month she has been especially clingy to them. She absolutely LOVES clean and fresh lovies straight from the dryer! She also loves to play with her baby dolls; she is officially a Mommy to Baby Ava, Baby Sarah, Baby Dottie and Baby Kate! Suri is still in love with her paci... I figured for sure we would be done with it by the 15 month marker but I honestly haven't pushed her with weaning it. She doesn't have the paci at all at day care ( which proves to me she is able to function and sleep without it!) We are pretty much down to paci's for night time sleep, and paci's with her aerosol treatment (20 minutes of sitting still and watching Dora or Mickey Mouse while sucking on the paci while wearing her aerosol mask...) (take heed that 20 minutes of sitting still is difficult enough for us on a daily basis and if the paci keeps her content throughout her treatment.... so be it!!) Other than that, thankfully she isn't one to walk around with a pacifier in her mouth and hopefully we will be able to wean it completely sometime in the near future.
Some of her accomplishments this month are walking on a balance beam or wall (with hand holding assistance), turning on and off the lights in the house (she is officially tall enough to reach the switches), walking down most hills without picking up too much speed that she tumbles face first (wink). She is getting better and better with her eating utensils and now prefers to use them over eating with her hands. She can officially get down off of Mommy's bed (she turns over on her belly, grabs a handful of the sheets and slides right on down)! She has finally realized she will stay warmer if she lays down on her tummy in the bath tub although she has also tried a few times to lay her head down in the bath water soon to realize that doesn't work too well (insert cough, choke, gag...). Suri continues to love the outdoors; sidewalk chalk when we get home from daycare/ school is a must most days!
Suri's favorite words and phrases: "wherrd tik go" = where did it go, "oh wow", mmm mmm = is still how she says Mommy... of course the word "MINE" can not be perfected any more, it is as clear as day and practiced regularly ( sigh...)
New actions: if you ask Suri "What does a pirate say" she will say "Arrr"... she also makes this face (that I refer to as giving the stink eye... she bows her head, furrows her brows and puckers her lips as she looks at you...give it about 3 seconds and she bursts out in laughter...) She is starting to jibber jabber using her hands. It is so funny to watch her talk to her little friends in the language all her own, using her hands like she is really telling them a story... she is definitely a talker and her little language in constantly bringing a smile to my face! Suri continues to love books. She is getting to the point where she will sit in my lap and somewhat listen as I read her bits and pieces of the story. She especially enjoys pointing to objects as I name them.
Sleeping: Suri is still sleeping through the nights! I am sure being able to breathe easily is a contributing factor and we have the daily Pulmicort aerosol treatments to thank for that! During the week while Suri is at daycare she takes one nap a day from 12:00- 2:00 ( she normally sleeps anywhere from 11:40- 1:30, and there are some days where the teachers have to wake her up as she will sleep past 2pm). On the days she is with me, she is still going down for 2 naps a day, usually around 9:30am and again around 2pm... she is beginning to entertain the idea of giving up her morning nap however she is not quite to the point where she can do so and still be a happy camper... no morning nap = tired eyes and a clingy little girl : )
Illness: NONE!! Yep, I finally said it! Suri has one month of NO ANTIBIOTICS!!! Horray! It has been so nice to not have to worry about her not feeling well- this feeling has been long overdue for sure!
Friday we received the results of the allergy testing we had done in December... All were negative except that her sensitivity to dairy came back at the cellular level. This basically means Suri's reaction to dairy is at the cellular level (opposed to in the blood) and she will eventually out grow the severity of her reactions that she has when she consumes dairy ( mostly milk). With those results, I am so thankful!!! A sensitivity is much better than a true allergy! On a side note, Suri is anti IgE receptor positive ( this doesn't really mean anything to us at this point however if you are anti IgE receptor positive, you could have severe reactions to things you ARE allergic to- supposedly about 20% of the population has this sensitivity and many learn of it the hard way) Luckily, I haven't come across anything that Suri has a severe reaction to and I pray that we never do! So basically, I will continue to take it easy on the dairy with Suri and increase the amount I do give her based on her tolerance.
I feel it is safe to say I have finally weaned Suri from her Prevacid (medicine for her reflux). We have gone one week now with no medication and Suri seems to be getting along just fine (minimal hiccups, and spit ups)- fingers crossed She will continue to do well and will be safe to say that she has finally out grown her reflux!
Orthotics: Suri is still wearing her SMO orthotics to help her maintain her alignment when she is walking to avoid the pronation of her ankles ( ankles turning in when she stands or walks). Her new pair arrived on Thursday and we are using the weekend to get her used to wearing them again (after having a break for one week while the new pair was being made). This pair is a bit bulkier than the last pair which is making the hunt for spring/ summer shoes quite the challenge for mommy :( I am having a hard time convincing my self that white tennis shoes coordinate with everything... even cute little dresses (sigh...)
I think that about sums up our past month! Suri is turning into quite the little girl these days and her independence shines brighter and brighter with each new day. I think we finally found the class we will take on the weekends... GYMBOREE! Suri seemed to LOVE her Gymboree class; she participated and had a fun time with the teachers. She is the youngest in the class (however you would never know it by looking at all the children together, she is as tall if not taller than some of the 22 month olds!) This class will be on Saturdays for four weeks. I think we will start with that and see how she does. Eventually we will make our way back to My Gym (she loved that class as well) however at this time, I feel Gymboree is the most age appropriate for her (that's probably why she had so much fun!)
Suri Rose, you continue to amaze me. Each and every day you grow more and more in so many ways. You are such a sweet little girl and I can't tell you too many times, how very proud I am of you! Happy 16 Months kiddo; you are tu tu cute!!!
![]() |
| Tu Tu cute! |
This morning we met up with Suri's friend Bryson at the Phoenix Zoo. Suri was very excited to see the Giraffe and she loved looking at the ducks. This time, we stopped at the Petting zoo (AKA goats, as Bryson's Daddy says) and Suri and Bryson got to walk around and pet the goats (Yes, Mommy had a jug of Purelle on the side as well as Clorox wipes for her shoes- that still smell like zoo!). All the goats acted a bit sedated ( they just kind of layed there...) but Suri didn't seem to mind- they were easier to pet : ) Bryson and Suri had a lot of fun and Mommy was happy to be out and about with her friends too!
| Suri and Bryson... all ready for a fun day at the zoo! |
| Waving at the cow |
| My favorite picture of the day! |
| Note the cow in the background :) |
| Bryson and his nanny |
| She is so proud, she has mastered going down the slide all by herself |
| Bryson (2years old) |
Suri, on a sadder note... last weekend we were having a garage sale at Aunt Lindsay's house; the sale was going great until I went to find my phone to take some video of you only to realize my phone had been STOLEN. Yes, STOLEN, right off the kitchen counter where I layed it. You might wonder how it was stolen from inside the house ... unfortunately, we had some furniture remaining inside Aunt Lindsay's house (as her Short Sale has been approved and now she has to move) and therefore random people were wondering in and out of the house... someone must have seen my phone laying there and swiped it. Why am I mentioning this? Because, Suri, the phone was one of my most prized possessions. It had every video I had ever taken of you stored on the memory card inside the phone. Pictures and videos of the first time you crawled, your first steps, you dancing to Mickey Mouse, playing at the cabin... oh how it breaks my heart to know that those precious vidoes are gone forever. I wish so badly that I could rewind the time so I could back up those videos onto the computer or to some other place so that they would be safe. But there is no going back, those memories can only be found in my memory. Please know Suri that stealing is bad and that taking something from someone will hurt them in ways that you may never understand. Always remember to be honest and to take good care of the things that mean a lot to you. From this point forward, I promise to back up the video I take of you so that one day, we can get a big bowl of popcorn and have a movie night as we watch the videos of your silly little self when you were a little girl. . . that day will be here all too soon... I love you Nugget. Thank you for 16 spectacular months!





No comments:
Post a Comment