Our little miracle

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday

Today was somewhat of an off day for Suri and I... Suri woke up exceptionally early (5am). That was painfully early for me as I was looking forward to getting a couple of extra hours of shut eye before the work week ahead. Scratch that fantasy, up and at em!  Suri went down for her nap a couple hours earlier than normal which freed us up around lunch time. Suri and I met up with Aunt Lindsay and Grammy for lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. It was a couple of hours later than Suri is used to eating and therefore the restraunt was well aware of our presence ( insert high pitched screeching cry just moments after we sat down). Suri is definitely her mother's daughter. Neither of us do very well when we are tired or hungry... Suri happened to be a little of both thanks to her early morning debut that threw off her schedule for the rest of the day.
Happily eating her crayon at California Pizza Kitchen





Screaming at the top of her lungs in California Pizza Kitchen





After lunch, Suri and I headed over to the railroad park to meet up with her Dad. Zijah's schedule seems a bit more flexible lately which allows him to see Suri more. Yesterday was Zijah's birthday and last week Suri and I went to As You Wish to have her hand prints painted on a plate to give to her Daddy for his birthday. I went to pick the plate up on Friday, drove all the way home and opened the package to find that they spelled Suri WRONG!!  Su R R i....  (Insert a few choice words that Mommy cursed out loud!) Back to As You Wish Suri and I went. The lady in the store said she would "help" us do the plate over. SHE actually did the prints this time and Suri was not too fond of her. So much for a memorable experience in creating something for Suri's Dad. Rrgh.  We picked the new plate up this afternoon and it sure didn't look like the one Suri and I did last week. Suri's name was right on this plate but her prints were all smeared... Sometimes I wonder WHY these things always seem to happen to us!  We finished up the afternoon at the park with Suri's Dad and then headed home. Suri was exhausted and barely made it through dinner, a bath and some stories before she fell asleep in my arms around 6:15pm.  Despite all the hussle and bussle of today, holding Suri while she slept was a beautiful ending to our weekend.










Such a sweet pea...

Cudding with Mommy while riding on the train

All smiles

A penny for your thoughts little one...



Rascal Flatts song . . . My Wish For You Suri Rose!


Yes. The red blob in the center was SUPPOSED to be Suri's hand prints (Sigh)

Even her feet were smeared on the plate I got for our house...

Now, I am determined to get a set of good hand a foot prints of Suri. I plan to go back to As You Wish in the near future and try again with a different design ( and no "help" from the staff!). That will be my excuse to build my collection of hand and foot prints as I think these plates are super cute and they will be fun to look back at in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment