I feel like I am so behind on blogging about some very important events that have occurred in our lives this past weekend. First of all, Suri's Great Grammy turned 85 years old on Sunday, September 9th. We began the celebration early by having dinner at Toby Keith's, home of the famous fried Bologna Sandwich. Bologna has always made my stomach turn but Great Grammy LOVES LOVES LOVES it and to have it fried on a sandwich in a country western bar just made her night :)
We all had yummy meals and celebrated with a Butter finger Dessert that Suri and I made for her the night before ( I would have loved to have been able to get photos of Suri and I making this dessert however Suri with beaters, eggs, powdered sugar and a shallow bowl made for quite the evening of cleanup. I didn't dare introduce a camera lens to the production... but I know the photos would have been priceless... too bad the dogs can't do more than lay around to earn their keep around here. ha.
Not to take away from the specialness (is that a word?) of the post about Grammy's birthday, but while at Toby Keith's, Suri told me she needed to go potty! I immediately rushed her to the public restroom ( a mother's nightmare) and sat her on the potty. I warned her that the potty will make noise when it flushed (as she is not super fond of loud noises and I didn't want this to break her potty streak we had been having since Friday!!). Sure enough, Suri went POTTY! We were both so excited! Her potty training officially begun on Friday, September 7th. . . details on a follow up post...
 |
| Very lady like Suri... |
 |
| Suri and her Grandpa |
 |
| Helping Great Grammy open her gifts |
 |
| Excited about her new toaster oven for her new place : ) |
 |
| Thrilled with her Fried Bologna Sandwich : ) |
 |
| Enjoying her fried Mac N Cheese... (once every few years won't hurt... right? ) |
 |
| Uh oh... lipgloss Divas |
 |
| Uh oh... Suri seems to be enjoying this Margarita a little too much! wink |
 |
| Blowing out candles is hard work when you are 1yr and 85yrs old! |
 |
| Fried Twinkie |
Happy 85th Birthday Grammy! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment