I'm not sure what it is about the weekends lately but for some reason they feel much shorter than they used to! I sure could use one more day to get organized before Monday but since that isn't going to happen, I'm going to type this post and head off to bed.
This weekend has been another one where potty training has been our main focus. Suri has been doing wonderful at home and on outings ( to the store and to the park). She did however have a bit of an issue at Sunday School on Saturday night. . . I was finally able to move Suri up to the 2 year old class at CCV (they are very strict in not allowing children to "graduate" until 1 week past their 2nd birthday) but they bent the rules for us and welcomes Suri to the 2's. She was MUCH happier to be in a room with puzzles and crayons as opposed to push toys that light up and play music :) She used the potty right before I left her (for ONE hour) and when I returned, she had soaked 2 pairs of panties/ dresses. Seriously Suri? I don't think you peed that much the entire day! I guess it is safe to say, we still have a way to go before I can say she is "potty trained". It is funny because she is perfect at home and when we are out and about. I don't even really think about it any more as she has proven herself reliable in telling me when she needs to use the potty. Even when we are driving, she lets me know when she is serious and when she can hold it :) (smart girl!). If she is unable to hold it, I pull to the side of the road and she sits on her froggy potty chair that resides in the back of the SUV. Convenient indeed. I guess I need to continue to budget for Pull- Ups for a while longer.
This morning, Suri had her friend Madeleine over to play. The girls were wild when they first saw each other but as the morning progressed, they got into their groove and played together nicely. It is fun to see Suri growing up and becoming a good friend to others her age. I was impressed at how nicely she sared her toys with Madeleine and took turns using the swing. She is definitely growing up and this is a nice change from a couple of months ago.
This evening, Suri and I went to dinner at Wendy and Jim's house. They had quite a few people over for dinner and there were kids running everywhere. Suri actually did quite well for being in a house full of people. She swam with Jeffrey and Daniel and then played outside with Spohia. Suri even got to see Eli- they haven't seen each other for a couple of months and now that Suri can say Eli's name, she talked about him the whole way home. Hopefully one of these days, Eli's mom Cassie and I will be able to coordinate our schedules to get the kids together for a play date.
Aside from all the playing this weekend, I decided to brave going into my garage and looking for the fall decorations. Even though the weather was 108 degrees today, I still managed to bring myself to think "fall" and Suri and I put out some fall decorations around the house. It was neat to see Suri so eager to help me decorate. She is such a big helper these days and actually does a great job!
 |
| Putting money in her froggy bank |
 |
| She always looks inside and smiles :) |
 |
| Eating lunch with Madeleine |
 |
| Testing out the water with Lori, Daniel and Sophia |
 |
| A bit colder than she expected even though it is still over 100 degrees outside |
 |
Sydney and Suri
Suri would not look at the camera! |
 |
| I love this photo |
 |
| Tu Tu cute :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment