As I plugged in the camera tonight to upload the most recent images, I realized how BEHIND I have gotten on the blog! There are so many odds and ends of photos of things we have been doing this past week.
Here we go...
Last Thursday, Willa and Robbie invited us to their church for Winter Fest! Suri had a blast with Calum and Hannah and it was a fun, chilly night! The rain came just as we were leaving! Whhew! Tonight, I got another glimpse of the reality that Suri is growing up. The church had a craft room full of crafts divided by age groups. I truly probably would not have gone inside on my own as historically Suri's track record with craft would not have proven successful; but tonight was different! She chose an ornament craft to do and was calm and focused until it was completed! We then went to the next craft, and the next craft! Suri did great! She loved trying to match her craft to the sample craft and was very proud of herself when she completed one! Yay Suri!
| Suri, Calum and Hannah |
| Yay Suri! |
| Making crafts |
| Robbie thought something was super funny!! |
| Making ornaments |
| Such concentration |
Friday night was the night of our annual Pediatric Holiday Party at the Railroad park! Having it here is fun for the kids however it makes it difficult to mingle with coworkers, especially when the kids want to go play and the Ramada is located quite far from the playground. Suri's friend Madeleine joined us and it was nice to have a friend for Suri to enjoy the evening with.
| The line for Santa was long as well, but these two were equally happy with the wooden cutouts of Santa and Mrs. Clause! |
Saturday night, Suri and I were supposed to go to Scooters annual holiday Party but unfortunately the weather was cold and rainy. We decided to stay home and Suri enjoyed helping me around the house. She especially enjoyed helping prepare dinner. She still loves steamed broccoli and thankfully ate every last bite :)
Today at church, we brought our food boxes we prepared for the children in the local schools that are food insecure. These boxes will assure that children and families are able to eat over the Christmas break. Suri had fun helping me pick out the items at the store and package them up when we arrived home!
And, last but not least, as I was cleaning up the dinner dishes this evening, Suri came around the corner looking like this!! Silly kiddo! Gotta love her!
I wish everyone the best as we slide into Christmas next weekend. This week will be hectic for many but I hope everyone remembers the true reason for the Season. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment