Our little miracle

Friday, January 18, 2013

Cavalia

Last night Suri and I spent an evening under the magical big white tents that Suri and I have driven by multiple times since they went up at the beginning of December. . Suri's eyes light up when she sees the tents as we pass them on the freeway. The first time she saw them, I told her, "there are horses inside those tents" and from that moment on, I could see her imagination taking over. When I was offered tickets through my work, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to sit front and center in a production I figured I otherwise would only be able to tell Suri about. I did however underestimate how Suri would do throughout the entire 2.5 hours that extended hours past her normal bedtime :) As soon as she and I approached the big white tents, she was so excited! Seeing her expression as we entered the Big Top, made it all worth while! I am so proud of her for her awesome behavior during our special night.

Cavalia's Odysseo's production is a celebration of the beauty and harmony of the meeting of 2 worlds: those of horse and human. In the intimate yet grandiose setting the performers and horses live and dance in harmony. Live music, horses, acrobats, dancers, musicians and riders captivated Suri's attention for the full 2 hours- we were center stage and felt like we were close enough to reach out and touch the horses. Definitely a magical experience and I am so thankful Suri was able to take part and enjoy it to it's fullest. Hopefully we will be able to go again someday as it truly was a beautiful production.



Getting ready to go inside.
The Big White Tents in the background!

Waiting for the show to begin
 A glimpse of the show...






No comments:

Post a Comment