Our little miracle

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Suri's Top 5 (2.3)

Here we are, almost 1 week into 2013 and as expected, life isn't slowing down any time soon!  Suri is 2 years and 3 months today and this past month has been packed full of holiday memories. With all of the good comes a sprinkle of naughty...Suri is up to her old tricks again this month and may have me bald by next month as I feel like I am constantly pulling my hair out- ha I keep telling myself "this too shall pass" but then I look back at the past 2 years and have to laugh... will it pass or is this how it's going to be???  Wink Wink!  Happy New Year!

Suri's Top 5 (2.3)



  • SASSY and boy oh boy do I mean sassy! She tells it like it is that's for sure. I know I might be laughing now but I fear for what her teenage years are going to look like!
  • Increased interest in putting puzzles together. She has many of them mastered on the iPad and is now interested in trying to put tangible ones together. 
  • GRADUATED from Physical Therapy!  After 2 years of weekly visits with Jacki, Suri has officially graduated from PT. Hooray Suri (hooray Mommy!) She will remain in her orthotics in order to help maintain her alignment but thankfully they fit in most of her shoes without a problem!
  • Fascination with Princesses has officially began. She especially loves Princess Sophia (AKA: Rapunzel).  She refuses to believe that Rapunzel is not Princess Sophia (but I have to admit, they do look somewhat alike aside from Rapunzel's hair being ridiculously long!)
  • Suri can spell her name unassisted and does so in an escalating tone... s u R I with the biggest grin imaginable. She loves to identify the letters of her name when she sees them written somewhere and it is so fun to watch her excitement over her accuracy!  Way to go Suri! 
All in all, Suri continues to grow and she is one smart little cookie with a bottle of energy. She makes me laugh with her Sassy and witty remarks as she replies in the 3rd person "Me AM laying down", or "Me AM eating my dinner"! Suri has officially lost her interest in feeding the dogs!  Poor pups, good thing Suri is not the only one living in our home or they would starve.  Her interest has shifted to now wanting to only feed her fish (which conveniently only happens every 3 days)! Along with remaining consistent on the topic of Suri no longer doing what she was doing, comes the topic of SETBACKS. . . unfortunately, Suri's biting and wetting her pants has surfaced again... (a couple of reasons why I want to pull my hair out!) The biting seems to surface out of aggression/ frustration (which at least now seems to correlate to something as opposed to the "random" attacks that used to happen) and the wetting of her pants... which, for the most part seem to only happen at Mary Beth's house during nap time however, on occasion Suri has wet her pants here at home, right in front of me if she doesn't have my undivided attention when she feels she needs it ( take tonight for example... Suri was playing in her toy room with her dolls therefore I decide to sit down and work on this blog post;  Suri notices I have sat down and comes over and approaches me and begins to push the buttons on the computer. When I ask her not to do that, she pees.... right on the floor!-  if that isn't attention seeking/ defiance!!!-  seriously Suri?!?! Definitely not a good way to get on Mommy's good side! Post her 5 minute time out, she then declares to me that peeing in her pants is gross...(no kidding!) Thankfully, she is still waking up dry at night and doesn't have accidents when we are in public. All of her "accidents" seem to be due to defiance as opposed to uncontrolled. Not sure which is worse... ha.  Rrgh... sometimes, I just plain give up! I must say her will is definitely strong and I can only pray that one day, she will be President! (hand to forehead)!

I sure to love you kiddo but how about we go easy on your Momma this next month and be sweeter than sugar?!?!?  Deal???

No comments:

Post a Comment