Once again I find myself pretty much maxed out on the number of hours I have of paid time off at work, therefore, I decided to take Thursday off and drive up to the cabin. Suri, Jackson and I drove up Wed night after I got off work and we spent the night in the cool forest air at the cabin. Yesterday, I took the kids to Willow Springs lake and they had a blast playing with water, sticks and mud! Oh the simple things in life :) I bet the kids would have stayed out there all day if I would have let them, but I didn't have sunscreen and it was a bit toasty by the water. We stayed a good hour at the lake before we headed back to the cabin and the kids had so much fun making me "soup" aka: mud, lake water, sticks and leftover peanut shells found on the shore side :)
It's definitely the simple things in life that keep it fun :).
Neither one of the kids wanted to come home when it was time yesterday afternoon, they both were enjoying the cool weather and the dirt of the great outdoors but Suri had her swim class today and Jackson needed to return to school so with a scheduled Friday just around the corner, I figured we had better come back home sooner than later.
 |
| At willow springs lake |
 |
| Making mud soup |
 |
| Cousins |
Playing at the cabin...
 |
| Planting who knows what in the flower garden... silly kids :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment