Our little miracle

Monday, February 7, 2011

4 Month Stats

Suri had her 4 month check up today with Dr. Engle. We were supposed to get her 2nd round of vaccines as well however I decided to postpone them until Friday as after her last round she was super sleepy for the two days post shots. I figured shots and daycare woouldn't be a good mix!  Plus, Suri is unfortunately in the midst of her 2nd cold (thanks to daycare and all her booger buddies there! ha). She has been super congested the past couple of days and last night she didn't sleep well at all. She is probably having nightmares of the big blue booger sucker ( AKA: Bulb Syringe) I keep using on her to help clear out her nose! Poor baby. Someone needs to invent something that isnt so traumatic for our little ones : )

Okay... now for her 4 month stats... Drum roll please.........
Weight: 14lbs 2 ounces ( 88th percentile for 36 weeks)  Size 2 diapers here we come!!!
Length: 26 1/2 inches (99th percentile for 36 weeks and OFF THE CHARTS for a term baby!!!!) Yikes- I'm already prepared to have to special order her jeans so they are long enough : ) 
Head Circumference: 39 1/2 centimeters (12th percentile) ... okay, so she has a small head  : )

Dr. Engle was very pleased with her measurments. She too can not believe how L O N G she is : )
As for her milestones... she is on track for a 36 weeker.  I am going to wait to introduce rice cereal until she is 5 or 6 months as Suri is still not showing a huge interest in mouthing things. She is chewing on her hands a bit more than she used to but still not overly interested in food yet. We will continue breast feeding and re evaluate her readiness next month. Overall, we had a great appointment with NO SHOTS.  Unfortunately Friday will not be so fun as round two of vaccines will be at 9 am : (

Yesterday we went to Jackie and Scooter's house to watch the Superbowl. We were all for the Packers!!!  Good food and good friends... what better way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Final Score: Green Bay Packers 31, Pittsburg Steelers 25!!  Yay!!   I didn't bring my good camera to take pictures but Debi snapped a couple of Suri and her Mom. Suri was wearing Green and Orange ( as close as I could get to Packers colors of Green and Yellow! ha)


Suri and Irene... Irene was for the Steelers but Miss Suri was a Cheesehead  (even though she was wearing orange instead of yellow : )


Tomorrow we have Physical Therapy bright and early at 8am. I decided to try it first thing in the morning as opposed to at the end of the day after daycare. I hope she is able to rest well tonight so she is able to have a good appointment in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment