Resuming where I last left off...
Last Friday, February 18th was Zijah's 29th birthday and we had planned to go to dinner but unfortunately he came home sick with the flu! (yes... someone was too stubborn to get his flu shot)! So needless to say, he spent the night in bed and Suri and I tried to keep our distance. As luck would have it, Suri came down with a touch of the flu by Sunday. She was so sick with vomiting, diarrhea, fever and was extra fussy, I felt so sorry for her. We took the next 2 days off work/ daycare to re cooperate. I would have liked to take the whole week off work so she could have continued to rest but don't have the paid time off accumulated yet.
This past Friday we attempted Physical Therapy and about 15 minutes into it, we had to call it quits as Suri became so hysterical. She was crying so hard and nothing could distract her. I knew she must have an ear infection or something that was causing her actual pain. Sure enough, a 1:30 doctor appointment revealed a bad ear infection in her left ear. Our first ear infection at 4 months old. Hopefully the amoxicillian will work for her and this will soon be a thing of the past.
Saturday we had registered to walk in the Heart walk at Tempe Beach Park but because of Suri not feeling well, we stayed inside all day. Suri tried
RICE CEREAL Saturday morning for the first time and she seemed to really like it. She would smile and make a "mmm" sound after each bite. I was going to hold off on introducing it until next month but she was overly interested in the waffle I was eating for breakfast I decided to let her try the rice cereal and she did great! Now that she is beginning to eat food, there is no denying, my little nugget is growing up! A difficult reality for mommy!!
 |
| "mmm good" |
 |
| not too bad for our first try! |
Saturday afternoon, I met with a realtor as I have decided I try to Short Sale my townhouse... I have such mixed emotions about my situation but I feel in the long run it will be better for Suri and I. These are some of the pictures I took for the listing... (Suri's first home)
 |
| Suri's Bedroom... my favorite room in my whole house... |
 |
| Suri's crib with my maternity photo hanging above it. |
 |
| My bedroom |
 |
| Downstairs bathroom |
 |
| Dining Area |
 |
| Kitchen |
 |
| Family Room |
Saturday night My friend Alicia's little boy Carter was coming to spend this night as it was Alicia's 30th birthday and the celebration was going to go all night! Suri loved seeing Carter it was good to see her watch him and giggle.
 |
| Suri is watching Carter eat his waffles : ) |
 |
| Carter and the gift I got for him to give to his Mommy for her birthday ( a necklace that says "Carter") |
 |
| Carter giving his mommy her necklace |
 |
| Suri and Alicia's mom "Vivian" |
 |
| Birthday Girl |
Today, we celebrated my Dad's birthday. Suri and I had everyone over to our home for some Buffalo chicken sandwiches. I hadn't tried this recipe before but I think they turned out pretty good... a bit on the spicy side so I decided to spare Suri the tummy ache and didn't eat much of it. : )
 |
| Suri in her jumparoo waiting for everyone to arrive |
 |
| Suri and Daddy |
For Zijah's birthday last week, I had ordered him a men's titanium bracelet and I had this GENIUS idea to have "SURI" engraved on it.... in ARABIC!!! Do you know how many jewelers engrave in ARABIC??? NONE!!!! It was nearly impossible to find a place to have this bracelet engraved. But thanks to Ryan at Fast Fix jewelry and watch repair, he was able to order a Key and take a Jpeg image of it and engrave Suri's name in arabic on the bracelet!!! YAY!! We finally got the bracelet back today and Suri gave it to her Daddy before everyone arrived for Grandpa's party.
 |
| Zijah opening the bracelet |
 |
| "Suri" in Arabic |
 |
| Suri's little hand. . . so precious |
 |
| nap time on the sofa |
 |
| Jackson was singing Grandpa "Happy Birthday" |
 |
| Sage in her favorite position |
 |
| Lindsay and Sager |
Suri is still not 100% back to herself. I can tell that her ear is still bothering her. She is going to spend tomorrow with Aunt Lindsay and Jackson instead of going to daycare. I hope she will be able to rest and have a relaxing day with Lindsay. I am so happy Lindsay wanted to take her for the day. It seems like life has been so busy lately and she hasn't gotten to spend much time with her. Hopefully she will remember to take some pictures... hint hint!
Sorry to hear Suri has been sick!! Hope she gets feeling better soon :)
ReplyDeletecute lil surie!! so happy to see pictures of my bestie!!
ReplyDelete