Our little miracle

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Busy Weekend

This weekend played out to be quite eventful. My original plan was to lay fairly low as Suri had her 4 month vaccines on Friday. I figured we would take the weekend to recover before we had to return to life full swing come Monday... Well, that sort of happened...  Friday, Suri went to the doctor where she was given her 4 month vaccines. She was such a good baby; she didn't cry at all after the first injection and barely even wimpered after the second IM (inter muscle) injection (ouchie)  It made me feel so much better that she was such a trooper. Nursing through vaccines makes all the difference in the world!  After her shots, we headed home where we took it easy at home the rest of the day.
Saturday turned out to be a busy day. Suri had slept from 8pm to 5:30 am (and so did Mommy!!!) That has been her longest stretch so far and I apparently needed it as I didnt wake up to check on her like I normally do when she sleeps for more than 4 or 5 hours. Even after sleeping 9.5 hours, she woke up, nursed and went back to sleep until about 9:30am! (I think we have the shots to thank for that stretch) : )  After we got up and around, we headed outside to join our neighbor Sadie in her garage sale. Everyone was happy to see Suri and all her smiles at the garage sale.


Suri and Sadie (our nieghbor and friend)




I love this smile : )


After the garage sale, our good friend Kathy came to visit for a while. It was nice to see her again as it gets too busy at work for her and I to be able and catch up with the happenings in each of our lives. Shortly after Kathy left, Aunt Ashley and Uncle Don stopped by to say "hello". They had been out of town in Iowa for the past 2 weeks and we were happy to have them home. Remmington (their Rhodesian Ridgeback) was especially happy to have them home!


Aunt Ashley and Suri

Kathy and Suri


Saturday night Zijah wanted us to go with him and his family to a Bosnian Concert at a nearby Apartment complex. The concert didn't begin until after 7pm and Suri is normally in bed by this time. After having such a busy day full of visitors, she had fallen asleep at 6pm and stayed asleep until about 8pm. I was surprised that she was able to sleep through the first part of the concert as the music and singing was pretty loud. Once she woke up, she immediately found herslef in the arms of her Grandma and Grandpa Graca. They were all happy to see her and wanted to introduce her to many of their friends at the concert. Suri was still a bit tired and was a bit overwhelmed with all the music and new faces. She and I headed home before 9 pm and she was sound asleep shortly after making her way into her jammies... it was a long day for her.

Grandma, Grandpa, Suri and Zijah


Grandma and Suri



Zijah snuck in this picture when I was snuggling Suri






This morning when I was getting Suri dressed for the day, she touched her toes for the FIRST TIME!!  I was so happy to see her lift her little legs and grab onto her toes. She was of course grinning ear to ear as she did it. It seems like lately she is doing so many new things, I wish I could pause time!
Once we got up and around, we had to make a couple of trips to various places to finish up our Valentine's day shopping. We needed to get some buntling cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes for Suri's teachers tomorrow. We also stopped by to see our good friend Heidi. Heidi and her husband Josh recently moved into a new home in Cave Creek and I was excited to see it. Of course their home is absolutely gorgeous and it will be perfecet to bring home their new little bundle of joy in August. Heidi and Josh are expectin a baby boy... his name is still a secret.  It was so nice to see Heidi. She is absolutely glowing and will make a phenominal mamma : )

Suri and Heidi


Such a cute picture


Look at Heidi's 15 week belly!!!  Love it!!!
Suri had a fun weekend and we are looking forward to celebrating her first Valentine's Day tomorrow. I will try to get some pictures of her in her Valentine dress from Aunt Lindsay.

No comments:

Post a Comment