Our little miracle

Friday, July 1, 2011

So BiG!

As the days go by, we are winding down on what is soon to be the past 8 months of Suri's life. In a few short days, she will turn 9 months old and that once again, is difficult to admit.  Suri's latest and greatest accomplishment is her mastering "So Big"- every time I ask her "how big is Suri" she proudly raises both hands above her head and grins from ear to ear :)

Little miss Suri is developing quite a personality lately. She is becoming more independent as the days pass by and  has quite a fire within her as she has decided to reveal to me these past couple of nights when it comes time to go to bed! She has always loved her sleep, and never seemed to mind going to bed at bedtime until just recently! She can now be so tired that she can barely hold her eyes open but as soon as I lay her down in her bed, she becomes a live wire. Kicking and screaming like the nightmare children you never thought would be one of your OWN!  ha. These little tantrums have blessed me with their presence the past 4 nights but thankfully, tonight, she went down as peacefully as she used to. I will keep my fingers crossed that nights like tonight continue...

Suri has a little Tweety Bird rattle that she is obsessed with ( it only stays in the car seat). Every time I go to put her in her car seat, I ask her where her tweety bird is? She grins and her eyes light up as she intently scans the back seat of the Envoy to find her prized tweety rattle. She holds onto it for the duration of the ride and rarely drops it. I figured this "tweety obsession" would only be temporary but since it has now gone on a good month, I figured it was time to get some pictures.


My tired little nugget on her way to school in the morning


Happy she has her Tweety Bird

Paci and Tweety = Life is Good



Today, Suri and I had a special treat (or Mommy thought so anyway...) - Jackie, Suri's physical therapist came to do Suri's therapy at OuR HoUsE!!  She wanted to see how Suri interacted in her home environment as opposed to the therapy session. Suri was of course proud to show her all of her toys however wasn't too impressed when she learned that Jackie was here to make her work out! I am not sure Suri will ever be too fond of physical therapy, no matter where it takes place : )


Therapy with Ms. Jackie





Just waking up and already she is SO BIG : )

After therapy, Suri and I took Great Grandma Velma to lunch at our neighborhood Spinato's Pizza place. We ate some delicious pizza and Grandma was able to spend some time with Suri Rose.

After pizza, Suri and I took a trip to Stride Rite to look for some shoes that would support Suris feet when she stands (even though she is not standing unassisted, when she does stand, her ankles are rotating in and are in need of some support as she grows to help her transition to standing appropriately) - Jackie wants to see her in something more supportive than the soft shoes she has been wearing. I must confess for the record, that  I have never been a fan of high priced shoes (of any kind, for anyone...) and therefore, have never been a huge fan of Stride Rite.  But, I figure they would be able to help me find the right fit for Suri as they have a reputation of "knowing what they are doing" when it comes to children's shoes...so, the sales lady and I proceed to measure Suri's feet and find that she wears a 4.5!! (that looks so big to me) I picked out a couple of pairs of shoes  that seemed to support her feet when she stands/ JUMPS( unfortunately they were not the "cutest on the wall of shoes, as I guess the word "cute" and "supportive" are not found in the same pair) When I went to pay, I almost had a heart attack! 2 pairs of shoes for Suri cost more than what I pay for  3 or 4 pair of my own shoes!!!  HOLY COW... and all for a child that doesn't even WALK!!! I know, I know, and this is just the BEGINNING of the fashion journey with my daughter... yikes. So much for my recent promotion at work. I think I now need another job solely (no pun intended) to support my childs wardrobe : ) wink wink.




The costly little gems : )

Suri would rather EaT her new shoes than wear them... of course...


So BiG  again : )   ( see, I told you it's her NEW thing)



Rugger Bug watching Suri play. He knows he is not allowed on her play mat so he lays as close as he can : )
Suri showing Rugger " SO BIG" 
I hope she likes to read this much when she goes to school... : )

Suri reading Rugger her Playful Pups book.  She LOVES books




Tecoah came to see what all the commotion was about

Rugger... plum tuckered out. It's HOT outside...

Suri looking down the shoot of her ball machine.. it was blowing air in her face/ hair





Halloween Hair

Silly girl!


And so we now find ourselves at the close of the 1st day of July... Suri and I are sure looking forward to our long holiday weekended plan to spend the 4th of July in Goodyear with family and friends at Aunt Ashley and Uncle Don's house. Hopefully Suri will stay awake long enough to catch her first glimpse of fireworks!

Have a Fun and Safe 4th of JuLy!

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever get on babysteals.com and kidsteals.com? Sometimes they have Stride Rite shoes on their sites. You have to catch them early but I got Sophia a pair on there for half price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know because today about killed me and to know we have to do this again in 3 to 4 months or so.... yikes!

    ReplyDelete