Our little miracle

Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Hair Cut

I finally gave in and brought Suri with me today to have her hair "TRIMMED" for the first "official" time!  As many of you know, Suri was growing "wings"; the sides of her hair kept growing and growing and growing while the rest of it seemed to be on pause! I have been attempting to keep her sides symmetrical lately by trimming a bit here and a bit there but finally gave in and admitted that we needed a professional! Jessica was happy to help us out and with only a few snips, Suri's hair was now officially "styled"!  Thank You Jessica ( who is 15 weeks pregnant with her own little nugget!!! A few more weeks until she and her husband find out if they are having a little Prince or a Princess!!). Suri was pretty vocal throughout the whole hair cutting process. She has discovered that if she doesn't like something, she can screech at the top of her lungs and usually someone gives her attention... hopefully this phase passes quickly! Wink...

Speaking of passing quickly, my little nugget is officially cruising!  Yep, she has finally made her way onto all fours and has learned to crawl (insert the choir of gospel angels singing!!) I couldn't be wearing a larger smile on my face every time I see her move. Although, in the back of my mind I keep reminding myself, this is it, she will never again be idol... never. She will never again stay sitting where ever it is that I place her. She is officially on the move and life has opened a whole new chapter for the both of us. One that is entitled "child proof". I have gone around the house and inserted plastic plugs into each electrical outlet, I have padded the corners of the fireplace and removed the pointy edged coffee table. I make sure not to leave cords dangling etc etc... and the pain in the rear cabinet locks are soon to come. I am sure Suri will find something that I have overlooked but for now, I am content with the baby proofing. It is fun to see Suri cruise along, stopping every now and again as she looks up at me like "well, aren't you going to clap some more... I've moved a bit further than last time..." silly girl.  She continues to grow up right before my very eyes...

Suri's First Hair Cut:


Jessica, Aunt Ashley and Suri Rose... getting ready for the first "cut"


Just hang in there Suri...


Insert Paci to block out Shrieking!


Snip snip


Mommy holding Suri




I did not get an "official" final product immediately after the hair cut but these are of her playing with her toys when we got home...

cruising



Final product= no more wings!
  Friday, cousin Jackson came to spend the day with us. Our friends Henry and Stephanie came to play too! Suri had a fun day with her best boys!


Watching a movie with cousin Jack


little musicians



Snuggle time


Henry listening to Suri's heart




Handsome lil man...












 

No comments:

Post a Comment