Our little miracle

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stomach Flu Staycation

Staycation... that's what I keep telling myself anyway... Suri has been sick since Saturday with what seems to be the stomach flu. We have definitely done our part in keeping Pampers in business these past couple of days, throwing away a full garbage bag a day of the results of this nasty bug! I am now an official diaper changing machine. Changing diapers, doing laundry, cleaning up throw up, pumping (because my little piranha won't nurse without biting me), and working from home is all in a days work these days! This poor baby has lost 2 whole pounds since Thursday as she has had diarrhea/ vomiting non stop since Friday night.
I was beginning to get excited that my PTO bank was starting to accumulate days as it has been at it's all time low since my maternity leave and Suri's illnesses throughout the winter months however this week will rewind me right back to the bottom again.
On a more positive note, staying home with Suri, and I mean STAYING home (as I want nothing to do with her blowout diapers in the car seat!) has enabled me to watch Suri explore around the house and use her imagination as we play different toys together. She is so much fun and it is so gratifying to sit back and watch her grow right before my very eyes.

It is heartwarming to see how much Suri loves Rugger. She lights up when he walks into the room. Of all the dogs, he is her favorite and he is the most intrigued with her. Despite her pulling and tugging on him, he still chooses to lay right next to us while we play. It is going to be hard to say good bye to him this weekend when he goes to live with his new master, Jeff.

I plan to lay low the rest of this week allowing Suri to make a full recovery before enduring another full day at daycare. Hopefully with a few more days of rest, Suri will be back to herself again and I will regain my sanity (it is a difficult thing to interact only with a 10 month old and 3 dogs for 5 plus days in 110 degree plus weather).

Nuggs



learning to stack blocks! yay Suri

Sharing blocks (wink wink)

Tecoah


Rugger and the Sing a ma Jig


Rugger laying where he is NOT allowed

My Little Princess

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I was so sorry to read this latest post! Poor Suri and poor house-bound mommy! I'd like to bring over dinner for you guys some time this week, just a quick drop-off. I'll text you to find out when might be a good time. Praying for a speedy recovery, Suri!

    ReplyDelete