Our little miracle

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Letter to Suri on her 1st Birthday

Tears...big crocodile tears. Yes, they are already welling up in my eyes and trickling down my cheeks...and I am just beginning this letter...

Dearest Suri Rose,
Wednesday, October 5th is a day that will always be very near and dear to my heart. Your birthday. The day you came into this world and changed my life. The day you changed the world...

From the moment I heard your cry, I immediately fell in love with you. Your sweet face, your dark hair and pink little lips, your long, delicate fingers and tiny ears... absolutely perfect. A miracle indeed. You were gentle yet a fighter, with a personality all of your own. You were tiny yet mighty and although you arrived a month early, you were healthy and strong and I felt so blessed to get to know you sooner than I expected.

Suri Rose, It is amazing how much I love you. My life has by no means been the same since you have arrived. You have enriched my world in ways I do not expect you to understand. I am a better person because you are here. You are my inspiration.

I can only sit back and marvel at how you have grown this past year. Your first smile, your love for music and they way you dance as you swiftly wave your hands up and down, your belly laughs and toothy grin, the way you give kisses and the way to hold your lovey when you are sleepy. The way you love to be outdoors, and the way you love to swing and your eagerness to try new things. The way you would rather tear a piece of paper into a million little pieces than play with a toy. All of these things make you who you are and watching you grow continually puts a smile on my face. Your personality continues to blossom with each new day and I am so eternally grateful for your health and your continued abilities. As I tickle your soft, tiny feet, I can not help but feel the absence of what time has yet to impose on them. You have a beautiful soul Suri Rose and I am so grateful God entrusted me to be your mommy.

My wish for you on this special day, is to happily live a life of wonder and to know and to love the Lord. My hopes are for you to smile and to be true to yourself. To be a giving person and a good friend to others. To be gracious and to be kind. To be forgiving and accepting of others. To always have fun and to enjoy what ever you do.  I will do my very best Suri, to stand by your side. To help you where I can and to teach you what I know. Together, we can do hard things. You are growing up all too quickly.  As I sit back and rock you as you fall asleep in my arms, I can not help but think that one day, all too soon, you will be all grown up. You will grow into a beautiful and intelligent woman and will one day, be a mommy to your own little ones. Time is of the essence.

Already a year has passed by all too swiftly. This year has been the most wonderful, fun, enlightening and fulfilling year of my life. The days are flying by, each mixing with the next and every night as you drift off to sleep, I thank God that you are my daughter and I say a prayer just for you. I wish I could re live many moments of the day and spend them with you once again. I wish so deeply that the time wouldn't go so fast. I wish we could proceed in slow motion.

I am keenly aware that you are going to continue to grow up and that all too soon you will be heading off to school. Waving goodbye to me as you turn and walk confidently away.  But until that day, I feel so fortunate to spend these moments by your side. Loving you, helping you to learn and helping you to be a good person; just as you have done for me.

You are a beautiful little girl Suri Rose. I am so, so very proud of you. This has been a memorable first year and I look forward to the many more to come. . .

Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Girl. "Owl Always Love You"
Love,
Mommy

"No one else will ever know the strength of my LOVE for you After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside"

No comments:

Post a Comment